5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update on 12" Uconnect--7/26/2018

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
This is great. Mine is updating right now. I will post if I find any nuggets not already discussed.

573nny

Reaction score
I leave a iPad mini plugged In all the time as a music source. It still shows unknown when starting the truck unless you change sources and go back to usb. Then it shows the song info. That wasn’t fixed but a lot of stuff was.

Same for me. I leave an old iPod classic plugged in, and every day when I start the truck, it doesn't show in the media list. I have to unplug the iPod and plug it back in again to get U Connect to recognize it. Annoying.

lilkarl71

Reaction score
I received the update as well. Nothing major to report. It still wipes my presets and the USB ports are still not working correctly. Randomly charges devices, constantly disconnects CarPlay and Android Auto. Once disconnected, I have to restart the truck to re-enable. Local dealer AutoNation Spring said the Uconnect update from Panasonic to fix this problem won't be available until October at best.

RBRK

Reaction score
Ya, seems like they made it louder and that’s about it. Still glitches, not terrible but I didn’t t see any issues I’ve seen get fixed.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
My presets don't get wiped, just the icons for the XM stations. They show up fine, then they just show the XM logo, no rhyme or reason. Really random.

Ryanww

Reaction score
Seems like a lot of issues fixed, but one problem I still have is the radio does not hold FM presets. I program them in and then after the car sits for a while and is restarted it goes back to the default presets. If you look in the manual on page 273 there is a picture of the 12” unit with the same presets that my truck goes back to. View attachment 1860
Second this

Users who are viewing this thread