5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update navigation

jljbtm

Reaction score
Has anyone updated their navigation system using a USB stick? I just downloaded into a 2 GB USB stick but I don't know where to go from here? Can anybody help? Thanks Jack

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone updated their navigation system using a USB stick? I just downloaded into a 2 GB USB stick but I don't know where to go from here? Can anybody help? Thanks Jack

Supposed map update in mid October according to website

Nozzleman

Reaction score
Where did you go to download the maps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I wasn’t aware you could still download updates to a USB stick. Did you try plugging it in to the dash and turning on the truck to see what happens?

jljbtm

Reaction score
So I clicked on the map update on the dashboard and it said to plug in your USB drive which I did and then it took about 10 minutes to download to the USB drive and it didn't say what to do with it after that? I don't know what to do with it now

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I clicked on the map update on the dashboard and it said to plug in your USB drive which I did and then it took about 10 minutes to download to the USB drive and it didn't say what to do with it after that? I don't know what to do with it now

Probably just wait. Maybe a couple of ignition cycles.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Factory Nav sucks anyways, just use Google maps or Waze through Android Auto, or Apple car play. Even with the latest update, the roads in your area might not be part of the update. They are usually about 5 years behind on updating for new roads.

riveralg79

Reaction score

Any links for downloads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jljbtm

Reaction score
If it can download into a USB stick Why didn't it just download it into the truck and be done with it?

Reaction score
I have updated navigation on my Jeep a couple of times using USB stick and downloading from website. After you finish download, insert in USB drive in Ram, turn truck on and sit and wait a few minutes it will eventually tell you to confirm update and you push yes. It will then give you instructions on keeping truck running for about 25-30 minutes while files upload and are installed. Make sure to follow directions from site on how to end process. Requires turning truck off, opening door, starting truck and repeating process of turning truck off. You can find these in the instructions

Users who are viewing this thread