5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

**update July 27th**12" screen warranty

edgarrian

Reaction score
Well, my 12 inch screen took a crap. The dealer is unable to fix it as it constantly reboots itself. The unit itself needs swapped out entirely. When I purchased my truck I assumed the extended warranty that i paid for was through Ram. It turns out it was not. Stupid right to just assume that. I didnt even think to ask or to look. So I was a little shocked when my service supervisor told me that it was not under dodge and that i needed to check with the dealer I purchased from.

I purchased my truck in Bismarck ND from Eide Chrysler Dealer. They had had my info and promptly sent my warranty info to me via email. Once received I checked the reviews but they we"re not all that positive. The extended warranty that i purchased was to cover everything. Apparently it also covered windshield wipers, fuses, headlights and stuff I would consider not a warranty issue. So a lot of people were writing bad reviews based on the fact they didnt get free windshield wipers.

So the Service warned me that they can be tricky to work with from the beginning once we found it was a third party warranty. Basically I figured this was going to be a 1500 expense coming out of my pocket. Well I would be wrong. He contacted Fidelity Warranty Services. I guess they wanted a re-furbished unit installed but those are on backorder. The new units are not on backorder. So the company agreed to a new unit. Saving me 1500 and most likely 1600 after taxes.

So those of you that are maybe wondering what exactly my warranty was. Its Term Care Select (platinum plus) This was 48 months or 60,000 mile extended warranty. I was at 51,000. So i got lucky. Once the process is complete ill update the thread. If it goes as expected ill write a positive review for fidelity.

edgarrian

Reaction score
**UPDATE**

I took my truck in this morning and within an hour of dropping it off it was ready for pickup. Went in signed one form and I was out the door. It was really the easiest warranty I have ever dealt with. The total on repairs were 1,104 for the radio and 220 the the multimedia. Coming to 1402. My warranty was 1200 and zero deductible. I give fidelity props on this one. It was a smooth transaction

Users who are viewing this thread