5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update: 2019 Ram 1500 5.7

ErnestRocks19

Reaction score
The other day while driving my Ram started shifting funny. At first I thought it was maybe the traction control cause it was icy out but realized the traction control light was signaling. I pulled over and put into 2 wd since I had been in 4 auto and turned to head for home. Well, about 1 mile from my house the truck randomly went into neutral and hit the rev limiter. So we coasted onto a side street and put it into park then it never would engage into reverse, neutral, or drive. Called a tow truck and had it towed to the dealer.

The dealer investigated and found the culprit to be trans lines. They say one of the bushings wore and blew the hoses out. Parts are on order and should be here today. My question is this though. Anyone else have these issues?

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Actually Ben Hardy on YouTube just bought a new TRX and blew his transmission after just several days of ownership. Same thing, transmission line let go somewhere and they are giving him a new transmission.

ErnestRocks19

Reaction score
Actually Ben Hardy on YouTube just bought a new TRX and blew his transmission after just several days of ownership. Same thing, transmission line let go somewhere and they are giving him a new transmission.
Oh wow. Didn't know that. I'll have to check it out. Sounded like they were just replacing my lines but hopefully there was no damage done to the trans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online