5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unusual / weird tire wear

ChPeter

Reaction score
Looking for some advice here, if anyone has seen this kind of tire wear before. Noticed today, that both left side tires and the passenger side rear has these “flattened spots” on the factory Good Year tires (33k mostly interstate miles). Truck is mine since new, no accidents and no hardcore pothole hits

Tire pressure always checked/corrected, normal driving, no burnouts or drifting.

Spots (probably has more, these were visible in the parking lot):
268cb171c62dfcea7693a32f4edd574f.jpg

Close up look:

2542ca3a1470a73e2e5d9828a1463bb6.jpg

The same area at another location on the same wheel looks good:

f48f3f9a0f5ad64442ba957c8c219433.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Possibly shocks/struts. Usually, if so it’s over whole tire not just one tread block. Unless there is lack of rotation, alignment.

ChPeter

Reaction score
Thanks for the input for both of you! Tire rotation and all checks were done (supposedly) by the dealership where I have bought the truck. Found this wear weird only because the truck runs really great, not walking on the on the road and no unusual noises from the suspension. Will have it checked next week, still have 2k miles warranty left :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread