5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unresponsive Touchscreen - FCA Says Update Coming Early 2021

ny600

Reaction score
Mine acted up this morning but was fine on my way home in the afternoon. UConnect customer service is the worst I've ever dealt with. Been giving me the run-around for almost 2 months now. Going to try and push the safety issue with the phone not working when the radio craps out. Maybe then the dealer will replace it.

jonnyrebel88

Reaction score
Does anyone have issues with the screen taking a long time to turn on/turn sirius on? Seems like it takes mine about 30 seconds sometimes until it finally turns on. Also hate to be a downer, but this infotainment system is so much better than what I deal with everyday for Land Rover/Jaguar. As a tech I don't think anyone could have the problems we do with those vehicles, and some of them are double the price of our trucks!! Not sure how they can make phones reliable that fit in your palm, but they cannot make reliable infotainment units for vehicles.

Psimpson

Reaction score
Recently mine won't respond to touching the screen until it warms up, maybe 10 minutes, this started about a week ago. Anyone else having this happen? My radio was replaced under warranty probably 3 years ago and has been fine until now.

ImEngineer

Reaction score
POTENTIAL RESOLUTION FOR ANYONE ELSE ENCOUNTERING THIS PROBLEM: I had this same problem on my 2019 21" uconnect and resolved it by unplugging the battery over night. Oddly, the screen quit working entirely for the 2 days after disconnecting the battery (I thought I broke it), but then it started working fine and has been great ever since. 2+ months going strong.

Duongs

Reaction score
POTENTIAL RESOLUTION FOR ANYONE ELSE ENCOUNTERING THIS PROBLEM: I had this same problem on my 2019 21" uconnect and resolved it by unplugging the battery over night. Oddly, the screen quit working entirely for the 2 days after disconnecting the battery (I thought I broke it), but then it started working fine and has been great ever since. 2+ months going strong.
Was your screen black with no functionality? No radio or sounds?

Psimpson

Reaction score
i've unplugged mine, updated firmware and it still won't respond until it warms up. this morning it was 26 out and it took about 40 minutes before it started responding.

Users who are viewing this thread