5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unprotected Wiring

CO-2500

Reaction score
I was putting steps on my new, 500 mile, 2019 2500, today and found a nicked wire in a harness located under the truck, behind the left front wheel. You might want to check under your truck and protect this harness if it's exposed. I didn't follow the harness to see where it goes, look like it may go to transmission/transfer case. Could really mess up your day if something kicked up and cut the wires completely.

IMG_2594.JPG IMG_2596.JPG

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I was putting steps on my new, 500 mile, 2019 2500, today and found a nicked wire in a harness located under the truck, behind the left front wheel. You might want to check under your truck and protect this harness if it's exposed. I didn't follow the harness to see where it goes, look like it may go to transmission/transfer case. Could really mess up your day if something kicked up and cut the wires completely.

View attachment 41079 View attachment 41080
Good to know. Thanks for the heads up.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
BTW, welcome to the forum!
Please include your truck’s vitals on your signature when you have a moment.
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread