5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unlocking phone shuts off speakers

Swampy

Reaction score
Anyone else have an issue when an iPhone is connected to carplay or just unlocked it cuts off half of the speakers while the radio is playing? Turning the radio off then back on fixes it but every time I pick up my phone or unlock it I have the same problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Anyone else have an issue when an iPhone is connected to carplay or just unlocked it cuts off half of the speakers while the radio is playing? Turning the radio off then back on fixes it but every time I pick up my phone or unlock it I have the same problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have had it completely shut off the speakers but not partially. Apple Carplay displays on the screen when this happens. It seems to think that some sort of output from the iphone is coming. When it does this I just touch the radio or usb button and the speakers play as they normally would.

COSPILOT

Reaction score
I had something happen last month, with your reminder now I need to test CarPlay again just to see. Think mine was volume would go to zero and wouldn’t adjust at all.

Users who are viewing this thread