5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown rubber strap??

Fhalabi1074

Reaction score
Greetings,

I just picked up a new Laramie on Saturday and noticed this horizontal rubbery strap on the back wall behind the folding center armrest. I did an extensive search on the site but couldn't find any info on the it. I know the one sticking out the top is for the child seat connection but what about the other one? What the heck is it for?
20200329_132841_HDR.jpg

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome , I’ll be honest with you ..... that’s the first time I’ve ever seen that. lol

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Greetings,

I just picked up a new Laramie on Saturday and noticed this horizontal rubbery strap on the back wall behind the folding center armrest. I did an extensive search on the site but couldn't find any info on the it. I know the one sticking out the top is for the child seat connection but what about the other one? What the heck is it for?
View attachment 50919

That just has two snaps on the back of it and is there to help hold your rear carpet in place. It just pops off like the other pushpins and if you remove it you'll have two holes in the carpet looking at you.

Fhalabi1074

Reaction score
That just has two snaps on the back of it and is there to help hold your rear carpet in place. It just pops off like the other pushpins and if you remove it you'll have two holes in the carpet looking at you.
Wow, seems like they went through a lot of trouble just to keep the carpet in place.... a fancy push pin!

derp

Reaction score
there's a lot of stuff behind that carpet. the "handle" helps to keep the spacing appropriate and avoid rattle.

Users who are viewing this thread