5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown pull cord

Richieboy

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what this handle in the back of my 2019 Laramie Longhorn is used for? I can’t find anything in the owners manual or on any threads.
Thanks I’m advance
Rich

Attachments

• 270A08E8-4852-425C-A49B-7951619C3DBD.jpeg
    270A08E8-4852-425C-A49B-7951619C3DBD.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 114

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what this handle in the back of my 2019 Laramie Longhorn is used for? I can’t find anything in the owners manual or on any threads.
Thanks I’m advance
Rich
You flip up the storage divider and turn the "lever" 90 degrees to lock it in place.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If FCA provided one in the first place...
They do, except the 2024+ from what I've seen. If you didn't get one, blame your dealer for removing it, not Stellantis(hasn't been FCA since before the 5th gen)for not including it.

Last edited:

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They do, except the 2024+ from what I've seen. If you didn't get one, blame your dealer for removing it, not Stellantis(hasn't been FCA since before the 5rh gen)for not including it.
I don`t blame anyone, my dealer would be one of the last ones.

A great bunch of people, used to dealing with customers that are mainly engineers.

A full 760 page paper copy did not come with my truck, doubt that it would have fit in the glove compartment to start with.

"hasn't been FCA since before the 5rh gen" say what?

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They do, except the 2024+ from what I've seen. If you didn't get one, blame your dealer for removing it, not Stellantis(hasn't been FCA since before the 5th gen)for not including it.
FCA officially became Stellantis January 16, 2021. 5th gens launched early 2018.

I’ve also seen many owners on this forum complaining about not receiving an owners manual. I hardly think that many dealers were/are removing and stockpiling them for no good reason.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hardly think that many dealers were/are removing and stockpiling them for no good reason.

No, but they may be removing them and sending them to customer who could not find theirs.

When I purchased my truck the manual was not in either glove box or the center console. It was located in the storage box underneath the rear seat floor mat. That storage was hidden and I didn't even know it existed.

I called my sales person and told him I didn't get a manual and he told me he would grab one out of another truck and mail it to me. In the meantime I downloaded the PDF manual and while reading learned about the storage under the floor mat. I called my salesman back and told him I found it and he already had already pulled the manual from another truck. Who knows if it ever made it back or how may are given to owners before they find the one hidden in their truck.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, but they may be removing them and sending them to customer who could not find theirs.

When I purchased my truck the manual was not in either glove box or the center console. It was located in the storage box underneath the rear seat floor mat. That storage was hidden and I didn't even know it existed.

I called my sales person and told him I didn't get a manual and he told me he would grab one out of another truck and mail it to me. In the meantime I downloaded the PDF manual and while reading learned about the storage under the floor mat. I called my salesman back and told him I found it and he already had already pulled the manual from another truck. Who knows if it ever made it back or how may are given to owners before they find the one hidden in their truck.
RAM bins have been around since at least 2015 the complaints I’ve seen about not getting an owners manual wasn’t until recently.

I’m sure you know there’s two glove boxes?

Do you know there’s a sunglasses storage in the overhead bin?

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
RAM bins have been around since at least 2015 the complaints I’ve seen about not getting an owners manual wasn’t until recently.
So what? Perhaps someone recently started placing owners manuals in that bin. Based on the way the manual was packaged and other items in the bin, I suspected the intent was for the dealer to remove it and place it in the pouch and possibly move it to the glove box during dealer prep.
I’m sure you know there’s two glove boxes?
You must have missed where I wrote, "not in either glove box"
Do you know there’s a sunglasses storage in the overhead bin?
Yes, but the manual won't fit there so it's irrelevant.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
FCA officially became Stellantis January 16, 2021. 5th gens launched early 2018.

I’ve also seen many owners on this forum complaining about not receiving an owners manual. I hardly think that many dealers were/are removing and stockpiling them for no good reason.
So I missed the dates in that one

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks I’m advance
Rich
Page 75 in my manual, and yeah it just latches the underseat storage in the closed position. Pretty sturdy for no more than it does, though. You probably could use it for a grocery tiedown, or something.

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
I never got a manual, wasn't even aware of a paper manual for the first couple of years I had the truck. Found out through this forum about it :D

Humphammer

Reaction score

2024 Ram's no longer come with the 400+ page paper owner's manual. You get a 70-page paper one that is more akin to a quick start guide with a page that says if you want the full owner's manual to send them 50 bucks and they will mail you one.

Richieboy

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your reply’s. Now it makes sense to keep the storage bin in place.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just cleaned my truck so took a few pictures.

IMG_1558.jpeg
IMG_1559.jpeg

W Six

Reaction score
That looks lime a toggle that would fit thru a slit in something, then turned to lock in place?

Users who are viewing this thread