5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unhooked battery and I have no backup camera or AC

Ouch

Reaction score
I unhooked my battery and now I have no backup camera or AC. Called Uconnect and they had me do a soft reset, but did not fix the problem. Said I had to go to the dealership for a hard reset. Anyone experience this issue? 2019 Limited 1500. Thanks

RamGuy32

Reaction score
Give it time to download all the software. Leave it off and tomorrow morning, you'll probably find it working.

AbitaPro

Reaction score
As RamGuy32 said above. You likely have the 12.1” Big Screen, the system needs time to download and refresh. No need to go to the dealership. My son has the 8.4”. Screen and this issue does not present itself when the battery cables are removed. He added the Trailer brake controller to our trucks, he has a Laramie.

Ouch

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Went out there a few minutes ago and everything is back to normal. Seems like Uconnect would just tell us it’ll reset after leaving it sit for awhile.

RamGuy32

Reaction score
I agree it should...but then again, there'd be no reason for the forum if the truck did all the work! :)

Slats

Reaction score
I had the same issue on my 2019 RAM 1500 Laramie with 12" screen after disconnecting the battery to change it --> no backup camera, no surround camera, no passenger side controls for heated seat, hard buttons for hot / cold not working (temperature set on max / min). I drove it for 30 minutes and it did not correct the problem. I tried soft reset and it didn't work it. After leaving it for a couple of hours, it all worked again. My earlier call to Uconnect said I had to take it to the dealer to get the App version up graded to QR 40.1 or later (current version was LR 34.31. Agreed that Uconnect should tell folks to wait over night and then check things out. Thanks to all who post to the forum as it's difficult to get good info from Uconnect or the dealer.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had the same issue on my 2019 RAM 1500 Laramie with 12" screen after disconnecting the battery to change it --> no backup camera, no surround camera, no passenger side controls for heated seat, hard buttons for hot / cold not working (temperature set on max / min). I drove it for 30 minutes and it did not correct the problem. I tried soft reset and it didn't work it. After leaving it for a couple of hours, it all worked again. My earlier call to Uconnect said I had to take it to the dealer to get the App version up graded to QR 40.1 or later (current version was LR 34.31. Agreed that Uconnect should tell folks to wait over night and then check things out. Thanks to all who post to the forum as it's difficult to get good info from Uconnect or the dealer.
If you are still in LR 34.31, it would be good to upgrade to latest software on your radio. You can do it yourself with a USB thumb drive. No need to go to dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread