5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

understanding Mopar

JBV

Reaction score
i thought i understood that Mopar was an official Chrysler/Stellantis/whatever, factory aftermarket, factory approved parts supplier.

in Canada when you google Mopar there are any number of sites that come up that are Mopar sites. not 1 or 2, many. moparcanada, moparpartscanada, buymoparonline, etc, etc.

so looking for something like a 2 inch Mopar lift, you will see a wide variety of parts, some have UCA's, some don't, no kit is the same on any of these sites. what gives? how would you know or trust that anything from these 'official Mopar' sites is actually Chrysler factory approved stuff? very confusing to say the least.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Not every site with Ford in its name is an official Motorcraft parts vendor. Nor every Mustang site. Same thing goes for Chevrolet, Camaro, or C10 selling AC Delco. And even if it is official, doesn't mean its factory. Go to the parts department at the local dealership and I'll bet you find aftermarket seat covers and floor mats on display.

Read the description. Look at the part number. Google the part number and see if it comes up on a bunch of other sites and do they all say "factory". Hunt down who actually owns the website. If you can't find a physical address somewhere, don't buy from the website. If t has an address, google it. See if it comes up as a dealership. And if the price is outrageously cheap, you can be pretty sure it's not factory.

Users who are viewing this thread