5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Undercover ultra flex or undercover Armor

Kkrot2019

Reaction score
Looking for opinions as I am going to buy either one of these covers on Monday. Anybody have either one and care to comment? Not looking for people to tell me how good their other brand cover is. Would like to keep this threat to the undercover ultra flex and armor. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snj1013

Reaction score
I went with the Flex. I don't think the Armor has the underside carpeted and doesn't come with the LED light. Plus it is cheaper

LongLoneStar

Reaction score
I went with the Flex. I don't think the Armor has the underside carpeted and doesn't come with the LED light. Plus it is cheaper
I've been looking at these as well. The descriptions I have read state the Armorflex has carpeted underside, a bed lighting system, and saddle bag storage. That is what I am leaning towards.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking for opinions as I am going to buy either one of these covers on Monday. Anybody have either one and care to comment? Not looking for people to tell me how good their other brand cover is. Would like to keep this threat to the undercover ultra flex and armor. Thanks.

I have the ArmorFlex and love the look and durability of the Line-X Premium coating. Don’t care about carpet underside and I have OEM bed lighting so the light kit didn’t matter to me either. I also have Line-X Premium bed liner so it all matches.

My previous two covers were Bakflips which dinged/ dented easily and the finish started to wear off after about a year which is why I wanted the durability of the Line-X Premium coating.

stepbill

Reaction score
I have the Armor Flex and prefer that look. Would have liked the carpeted underside but was not a biggie for me. Mine does leak a tad up at the 2 corner points by the rear window but it runs down along the sides and does not get anything wet. Would have preferred something totally dry but over all I'm happy!

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
I have the ultra flex and couldnt be happier. It looks great and doesnt leak, was easy to install. Make sure you watch the videos and follow the instructions exactly. I like the carpet on the underside, prevents denting from the inside. There is no saddlebag included any more

Kkrot2019

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I ordered the ultra flex today from Luke at Truck Alterations.

Cummins3

Reaction score
Looking to buy the armour flex care to share what you got yours shipped for? Cheapest I found was 850 shipped

2020_Longhorn

Reaction score
I went with the ArmorFlex on my Longhorn. I have the bed lighting as well, so didn't need any extra. Had it about 2 weeks now and have been through 2 heavy downpours and 1 car wash, only minimal drips inside. Happy so far. LineX matches my bedliner.

Brian

Sv250

Reaction score
I have the srmor flex. Im a big fan of lineX. Only issue i had was that i had to shim the back up a hair for the tailgate to close. They mention this in the install video but dont show you how or where to add shims pretty crumy

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anyone take a picture down the rails for me, or look at my photo? I'm trying to see if my Truxedo cargo bag will mount with either of these Undercover tonneaus. There are 4 sets of clamps like the 1 pictured here. I either need to mount these clamps on the tonneau rail, or behind the tonneau rail on the plastic bed cap rail (like already done here). Just don't know if there's space to do it. I'd imagine they'd account for this for in the design accessories but who knows. BAK MX4 might be my only other option since it's using flat clamps/rail like this instead of wraparound curved clamps/rail on the Undercover.
341EA9C0-AD0A-4046-B420-7580AD8A5F98.jpeg

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the photos. Doesn't look like it'll work unless I can get a spare set of the tonneau rail clamps to use instead.

JCK_25

Reaction score
Looking to buy the armour flex care to share what you got yours shipped for? Cheapest I found was 850 shipped
I know this post is now 2+ years old, but curious where you found one for $850?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

JCK_25

Reaction score
I know this post is now 2+ years old, but curious where you found one for $850?

Also, how has the cover held up? Any peeling (specifically from the underside)?

Users who are viewing this thread