5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Undercover Armorflex VS BAK MX4

Bo3liwe

Reaction score
Hi
Was thinking of going with the BAK MX4 for my 5th gen 1500 LIMITED but I think I'm going to change my mind and go with the Undercover Armorflex.

Both work the same. Tail gate can open and close with the tonneau down.
The difference comes with the surface.
The Armorflex is coated with LineX while the MX4 isn't and scratches easy.
Both are roughly the same price. The Armorflex is a bit more but it seems to be worth it.
What do you guys think??

Last edited:

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the MX4 on my 5th gen and have had the Armorflex on my 4th gen. As far as quality both met my needs, I never worried about scratching as they both held up very well. So to me either would meet and exceed my needs. Definitely post up which one you end up going with please. :)

UNL67Volvo

Reaction score
Hi
Was thinking of going with the BAK MX4 for my 5th gen 1500 LIMITED but I think I'm going to change my mind and go with the Undercover Armorflex.

Both work the same. Tail gate can open and close with the tonneau down.
The difference comes with the surface.
The Armorflex is coated with LineX while the MX4 isn't and scratches easy.
Both are roughly the same price. The Armorflex is a bit more but it seems to be worth it.
What do you guys think??

OP, what did you end up getting, as I'm between these 2 myself

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
I have the Undercover UltraFlex. It is about the same price but comes with a carpeted surface on the undeside of each panel and an LED bed light. It has been flawless since August of 2019.

bell_32

Reaction score
I’ve got the armour flex on my limited and I love it, seems really solid so far

I had the bak flip G2 on my 4th gen and it was junk in my opinion, dented super easy and just slowly fell apart
Saying that I did look at the MX4 for my limited and seemed like a solid unit, I just couldn’t bring myself to buying another bak flip

jaydoc1975

Reaction score
I’ve got the armour flex on my limited and I love it, seems really solid so far

I had the bak flip G2 on my 4th gen and it was junk in my opinion, dented super easy and just slowly fell apart
Saying that I did look at the MX4 for my limited and seemed like a solid unit, I just couldn’t bring myself to buying another bak flip
When you have your Armour Flex folded into the upright position, does it block the 3rd brake light rearview camera?

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When you have your Armour Flex folded into the upright position, does it block the 3rd brake light rearview camera?

I don’t have that camera so couldn’t tell you what the camera’s point of view would be....
But here’s that cover in the upright position

391b7ff9b885356ba00dc5bf33e678b6.jpg

4887aa133909888ec8a0a82de125ed54.jpg

2e284ac2e6011ce850f626a8f6307e89.jpg

JLaramie

Reaction score
I don’t have that camera so couldn’t tell you what the camera’s point of view would be....
But here’s that cover in the upright position

391b7ff9b885356ba00dc5bf33e678b6.jpg

4887aa133909888ec8a0a82de125ed54.jpg

2e284ac2e6011ce850f626a8f6307e89.jpg
Nice setup. This is pretty much what I'm looking for. I want a hard tonneau cover but I also want to be able to carry my kayak on top. The only bed cover I've found that will work is the RetraxPRO XR with the rail system. What are you using?

397STROKER

Reaction score
I have the Under Cover Armor Flex and it works great. I don't like that the BAK leans up against the Cab when folded all the way up.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice setup. This is pretty much what I'm looking for. I want a hard tonneau cover but I also want to be able to carry my kayak on top. The only bed cover I've found that will work is the RetraxPRO XR with the rail system. What are you using?

Undercover armour flex for the cover
Adarac aluminium pro for the rack

Users who are viewing this thread