5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Undercover Armorflex install / review

Biz Jet Tech

Reaction score
Just installed a Undercover Armorflex on my 2021 Crew Cab - install took about 30 mins and all you need is a 1/2" socket or wrench - I've had 3 Bakflips in the past and wanted to try this Undercover because of the Linex coating - IMO, the Undercover is a slight "step up" from the Bakflips - I liked the clamp design better and the way the fully forword clamp attaches to the cover (no exterior holes on the cover) Also, I like the fact it does not rest against the roof / rear window like the Bakflip does - If your on the fence about which trifold hard cover to buy, I think you wont be disappointed with the Undercover Armorflex

Undercover armorflex install 4.jpg
Undercover armorflex install 3.jpg
Undercover armorflex install 2.jpg
Undercover armorflex install 1.jpg
Undercover armorflex install 5.jpg

Attachments

• Undercover armorflex install 5.jpg
    Undercover armorflex install 5.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 31

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have that same cover.
Not touching the cab was a huge reason why I went with that one.
Have had it for a year now. No complaints about it so far.

21Bighornnightedition

Reaction score
Just installed a Undercover Armorflex on my 2021 Crew Cab - install took about 30 mins and all you need is a 1/2" socket or wrench - I've had 3 Bakflips in the past and wanted to try this Undercover because of the Linex coating - IMO, the Undercover is a slight "step up" from the Bakflips - I liked the clamp design better and the way the fully forword clamp attaches to the cover (no exterior holes on the cover) Also, I like the fact it does not rest against the roof / rear window like the Bakflip does - If your on the fence about which trifold hard cover to buy, I think you wont be disappointed with the Undercover Armorflex

View attachment 90308
View attachment 90309
View attachment 90310
View attachment 90311
View attachment 90313
Looks great on your truck. Regarding your previous experience with the MX4, did you have leak issues? Installed one on a 2021 5.7 bed and notice leaking from the center fold and at the tailgate. My previous soft trifold fold was bone dry for 1/3 the price.
Any hints to correct the leaking would be appreciated.

21Bighornnightedition

Reaction score
Looks great on your truck. Regarding your previous experience with the MX4, did you have leak issues? Installed one on a 2021 5.7 bed and notice leaking from the center fold and at the tailgate. My previous soft trifold fold was bone dry for 1/3 the price.
Any hints to correct the leaking would be appreciated.
Bump

river rat

Reaction score
That looks really good. I'm thinking about replacing the factory soft tri-fold with something that sits more flush.

jimbotron

Reaction score
i have the same one and love it as well. i will say that it took me a bit to get the clamps exact as well as the placement over the bed to allow the tailgate to close or the cover to close without impacting each other.

recently i checked on the clamps and i guess they came a little loose after a few thousand miles and a winter. had to tighten them up again.

as an additional little bonus, i just installed the amp research bedextender hd max on the truck and it fits perfectly fine underneath the undercover.

JVS0302

Reaction score
Looks great, I have been doing a lot of research this week and this one is at the top of my list. Is the top as "shiny" as our OEM spray in bed liner or does it have more of a matte finish to it?

Biz Jet Tech

Reaction score
Looks great, I have been doing a lot of research this week and this one is at the top of my list. Is the top as "shiny" as our OEM spray in bed liner or does it have more of a matte finish to it?
It's somewhat "shiney" - I think it looks great and I highly recomend - good luck

FastBlackRam

Reaction score

View attachment 90308
View attachment 90309
View attachment 90310
View attachment 90311
View attachment 90313
Maybe you already know thisand did this but those drain pipes can go right in those holes on the side of the bed. I also have that cover but it has the bedrug material on the underside. I absolutely love it. Yours looks just great!!!

bocco

Reaction score
I like this one. I just installed the backflip last weekend. There was a quality issue with one of the rails but a quick phone call on Monday and I had a new set of rails delivered yesterday. I do like the fact that this one stands up straight instead of resting against the back window like the back flip does. I have not tried mine at freeway speeds with the top folded all the way up. Once I get the new rails on I will have to try that out. I anticipate a little wind movement. I will also report back after I try the first wash to see how well it seals. I will be interesting to compare notes.

I checked pricing also and both covers a closely priced so that's not really an issue.

As a side note, you can get the Bakflip with Line-X coating through a Line-X dealer. It's just rebranded as a Line-X cover. But it looks like that has a $200 premium and the dealer couldn't get one.

Users who are viewing this thread