5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Undercover Armor Flex / Line-X LXP Tri-fold or Undercover Flex / Line-X Stealth Tri-fold

geotex1

Reaction score
Anyone have thoughts/opinions on these? Line-X covers are private label Undercover, but the Line-x branded carry lifetime warranty. I was going to go with a BAK MX4 again until I went to my Line-X shop to go over what I want for my new truck, and I saw these and the owner threw out some really attractive package pricing for my spray-in and a one of their tri-folds. The Stealth seemed to be the direct competitor for the BAK. The LXP looks a step up with Line-X coated panels. Either look very well made, and I like that the flip design does not sit against the cab like my BAK did. Looking around it seems like BAK is preferred in these forums, but there also wasn't a lot of other discussed. Interested in any views from owners.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have thoughts/opinions on these? Line-X covers are private label Undercover, but the Line-x branded carry lifetime warranty. I was going to go with a BAK MX4 again until I went to my Line-X shop to go over what I want for my new truck, and I saw these and the owner threw out some really attractive package pricing for my spray-in and a one of their tri-folds. The Stealth seemed to be the direct competitor for the BAK. The LXP looks a step up with Line-X coated panels. Either look very well made, and I like that the flip design does not sit against the cab like my BAK did. Looking around it seems like BAK is preferred in these forums, but there also wasn't a lot of other discussed. Interested in any views from owners.
The stealth is the private label Bak mx4. I am currently waiting for it to release for the rambox version. I didn't look at the lxp much, but I'll follow the thread for other people to give opinions on it. Either way, I'm likely going to get the LineX labeled versions just to get the lifetime warranty.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had an Undercover Flex on my 2014, was not real happy with the quality of it. The panels bowed and faded after 1 1/2 years, got a replacement under warranty and same thing. I have an Access Lomax on my 2019 and I'm happy with it so far.

geotex1

Reaction score
The stealth is the private label Bak mx4. I am currently waiting for it to release for the rambox version. I didn't look at the lxp much, but I'll follow the thread for other people to give opinions on it. Either way, I'm likely going to get the LineX labeled versions just to get the lifetime warranty.

Dutchman, I don't think that is correct. I had an MX4, and the Line-X Stealth is quite different than an MX-4, but looks exactly like the Flex. My Line-X guy had all of the models in his showroom. It's the hardware that I am basing this one because the Stealth hardware is not like the MX4 but just like the Undercover. Granted, nearly all of these bed cover companies have been gobbled up and are part of Truck Hero - Retrax, ARE, BAK, Truxedo, Extang. Maybe something changed recently in what designs are being private labeled for Line-X? The shop I'm using, same one I have for many years, just started carrying the Truck Gear by Line-X so cannot say either of our knowledge of behind the scenes is super deep! :unsure:

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dutchman, I don't think that is correct. I had an MX4, and the Line-X Stealth is quite different than an MX-4, but looks exactly like the Flex. My Line-X guy had all of the models in his showroom. It's the hardware that I am basing this one because the Stealth hardware is not like the MX4 but just like the Undercover. Granted, nearly all of these bed cover companies have been gobbled up and are part of Truck Hero - Retrax, ARE, BAK, Truxedo, Extang. Maybe something changed recently in what designs are being private labeled for Line-X? The shop I'm using, same one I have for many years, just started carrying the Truck Gear by Line-X so cannot say either of our knowledge of behind the scenes is super deep! :unsure:

I'm just going off of my local place, which is an authorized LineX dealer. They also sell Bak. She was very clear that the mx4 is the Stealth. She said the only difference is the truck gear logo. Maybe hardware changed between showroom models? I did a quick search on other forums and found similar info in truck gear being the private label for LineX of Bak covers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/