5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Undercoating

mdemuysere

Reaction score
Does anyone know any of any reputable c hain type places that do this, I don't want line-x because as far as I recall that is rubberized.

Also, any ideas on pricing to expect for a 1500? I've remember seeing varied pricing from my time in the automotive repair world but have been out of that for long enough that I cant remember the range to make sure I get a good price. Thanks!

AdventureJunkie

Reaction score
Zieberts is what I just did a month or so ago. They have a few different options available for undercoating packages and I believe it's an asphalt base as it smelled like a fresh paved road for a week or so.

I went for what they refer to as the sound deadener solution which is essentially just an extra coat of their undercoating. Ended up costing around 700 I believe and looks like it will help prevent rust from occuring

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

mdemuysere

Reaction score
Zieberts is what I just did a month or so ago. They have a few different options available for undercoating packages and I believe it's an asphalt base as it smelled like a fresh paved road for a week or so.

I went for what they refer to as the sound deadener solution which is essentially just an extra coat of their undercoating. Ended up costing around 700 I believe and looks like it will help prevent rust from occuring

Thanks, looks like we have a ziberts here in milwaukee I could contact.

Sjay

Reaction score
I did my own with Woolwax. Will cost about 50$ a year for a reapply each fall.

AdventureJunkie

Reaction score
There are other places you can pay every year for undercoating. Place up the street quoted $100. I just went with zieberts because I wanted something more permanent

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I get mine "Krown" every year but it's more of a Canada thing, don't think there are too many in the USA. I had my 2014 Outdoorman done every year and when I traded it for my 2019 Rebel it looked as if it was new they didn't think it was a 2014. I get my Rebel done every year too. Cost about $145 Canadian a year so $100 US.

foneguy

Reaction score
im going to a place called mirical shield in cleveland, its rubberized, guaranteed for life and with a Teflon 5 yr wax $550

Lit_AF

Hardware Geek - Pro Detailer
Reaction score

I've tried Ziebart the black stuff, its okay. It's messy and for hot climates, it doesn't cure 100%.
Ziebart here came up with something clear instead, it adds a little gloss but has a yellowish hue to it, forgot what its called.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just be careful what you use and that they use quality preparation. From what I've scene the oil based products are the best way to go for rust protection as they don't trap moisture and allow the metal to breath. I bought some fluid film and applied to the common problem areas. Will see how it holds up this winter.

Sjay

Reaction score
If I had a lift that would be a great idea. Maybe some day haha
I have a set of car ramps that I use for oil changes and things, so I decided to build another set so I could drive the truck up on 4 ramps and have the whole truck up about 7". Worked well to spray the undercoating on the bottom the truck. In the next few years I hope to build another garage and then install a car lift. :)

yaksushi

Reaction score
In case anyone else is looking to purchase WoolWax. Discount code: IH8MUD will give you 10% off, plus they didn't charge tax or shipping.

barakalesso

Reaction score
Does anyone know any of any reputable c hain type places that do this, I don't want line-x because as far as I recall that is rubberized.
Speed Test
Also, any ideas on pricing to expect for a 1500? I've remember seeing varied pricing from my time in the automotive repair world but have been out of that for long enough that I cant remember the range to make sure I get a good price. Thanks!
im going to a place called mirical shield in cleveland, its rubberized, guaranteed for life and with a Teflon 5 yr wax $550

Users who are viewing this thread