5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Undercoating New Rebel

BlueRebel

Reaction score
I just bought a new Rebel 1500 and I am trying to prepare it for its first winter in New England (I live in MA but travel to ME and NH frequently). It is my first new truck.

Therefore, I was wondering if anyone has came across New Hampshire Oil Undercoating's Boss Wax & Oil solution for new trucks?

It costs over $1,000 and is a wax based product mixed with oil that is for new vehicles only.

The product requires touchups every 2 years and the wax barrier is supposedly guaranteed for life (meaning rust will still occur but at a slower rate). I also don't know if this would impact the factory warranty; I have heard mixed things from the dealer.

I was wondering if this is a good product or snake oil.

However, I have heard good things about fluid film and I am just wondering if it would be smarter to go for fluid film (which is also cheaper).

Thanks

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I live in an area where they salt the roads, give it good wash/flush often as I can during winter (depending on weather conditions) and a really good decontamination wash in the spring with copious amounts of water getting in all the nooks and crannies. It wasn't enough to stop the rust for me so it was a combination of paint, fluid film and surface shield before the 4 year mark of ownership. Planned on getting to it sooner but life got in the way. My Intention is to do a check and necessary touch up next month with an oil change.

I didn't do this on my 2001 and wish I had as the "cancer/rust" is the main issue for the Dodge Ram's survival.

Some other threads on the topic for those who may be interested.

Chrysler Factory Warranty

Mopar Vehicle Protection
Reaction score
I just bought a new Rebel 1500 and I am trying to prepare it for its first winter in New England (I live in MA but travel to ME and NH frequently). It is my first new truck.

Therefore, I was wondering if anyone has came across New Hampshire Oil Undercoating's Boss Wax & Oil solution for new trucks?

It costs over $1,000 and is a wax based product mixed with oil that is for new vehicles only.

The product requires touchups every 2 years and the wax barrier is supposedly guaranteed for life (meaning rust will still occur but at a slower rate). I also don't know if this would impact the factory warranty; I have heard mixed things from the dealer.

I was wondering if this is a good product or snake oil.

However, I have heard good things about fluid film and I am just wondering if it would be smarter to go for fluid film (which is also cheaper).

Thanks
Throughout Indiana and Ohio the Ziebart rust protection is very popular.
Here is a great article on this and other aspects of the rust warranty. Ram Rust Warranty is set by the manufacturer and doesn't extend with any extended warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread