5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Under floor storage !!

Mikebighorn

Reaction score
So what do you guys use the under seat storage bins for ..?

Cooler or storage or whatever ... Post your pics

mharringer

Reaction score
Drivers side: mini air compressor, small tool kit, 15' extension cord
Passenger side: 30' tow strap with rings, and a buddy's can of Copenhagen.
Under seat: Dog toys, towels, cleaning stuff.
Still trying to figure out what to put FT in Ram Boxes. Kinda like leaving them open for daily stuff

I love the storage in this truck. Amazing!

tdager

Reaction score
Still trying to figure out what to put FT in Ram Boxes. Kinda like leaving them open for daily stuff

Different stuff in driver/passenger side storage units but similar concept.

I have decided to leave my Ram Boxes empty as I find I do use them a lot for various things when out and about....groceries, left overs on the way home (no stinking inside the cab), etc.

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Mine doesn't have the underseat storage (kind of wish it did...miss that from my 2010 RAM.)

The in floor bins carry my load straps and receiver hitch parts and a first aid kit.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mikebighorn

Reaction score

I saw some wild pics . Like if you’re tailgating people use the ram box as a giant cooler with drinks on ice lol

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
I saw some wild pics . Like if you’re tailgating people use the ram box as a giant cooler with drinks on ice lol
I have yet to use the Ram bins, but I've used the passenger side Ram Box as a cooler for tailgating a couple of times!

Caballonegro

Reaction score
I put locks on mine, so I lock up my gun in there whenever I have to leave it in my truck.

Lize

Reaction score
Mine are empty but I have put a bag of ice plus some drinks and my lunch in one, ice was only partially melted 5 hours later sat in direct sun all afternoon on mid 80's day.

thabiiighomie

Reaction score
Tool batteries w/ charger and spray sunscreen in one. Full to the brim with medical supplies in the other. Figure it’s the coolest space in the vehicle, temperature-wise.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Tool batteries w/ charger and spray sunscreen in one. Full to the brim with medical supplies in the other. Figure it’s the coolest space in the vehicle, temperature-wise.
I don’t know about that, given that the underside is exposed to the exterior of the vehicle. Here in Texas, that means a location above a hot roadway or parking lot...depending on how solid the insulation is on those bins.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't hardly remember what's in mine. I thought I'd use them all the time but they seem to be "set it and forget it" storage spots for me. I know the one on the passenger side has doggie stuff - a leash, ball, etc. My dog just passed away so they're unused now :cry: . The driver's side one has some gloves and I can't remember what else. I should probably go through these and make better use of both of them; I kind of quit using them because between being underneath the rubber floor mat, the soft mat that I put on top of the rubber and a moving blanket on the floor for my dog they were buried and not easy to get at.

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
I preferred the unmarked fully hidden ones in my 2010. The new ones are bigger and have the tie downs and the removable liner is cool (2010 was used...not sure if they came with liners that were removed).

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Dons2019

Reaction score
So what do you guys use the under seat storage bins for ..?

Cooler or storage or whatever ... Post your pics
I use them for holding Ratchet straps and tie downs, they work good for coolers when tailgating...

ForTehNguyen

Reaction score
gloves, cargo net, bungee cords, ratchet straps, air compressor, small socket/screwdriver set, various tools

Users who are viewing this thread