5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to start after boosting

Thepriince69

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have a 2020 Ram 1500. I was overseas for the last 2 months and the wife last parked it a month ago. Went to start it this morning and it was dead. I hooked up my Jeep Trackhawk to it to boost it (my neighbors were not happy at 7am lol) and everything seemed fine. Pressed the brake, hit start and POOF! The speakers made a weird popping sound and I lost all power. My key fob does not work anymore, power locks, lights and running board do. It doesn't go into accessory mode or RUN anymore. Just says press brake and push button to start and nothing happens. Radio/Multimedia system does not turn on. Bought a new battery, NADA. Half the fuse box does not have power. Please help meee!

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Bummer. Sorry I don't have advice except the obvious. Look at the positive battery lead, does it have a fuse built in. I have never looked.

I noticed a few threads about troubles with batteries but thought they were always with the etorque trucks and haven't paid attention.

I am going on a road trip soon so would like to know if you can jump a regular non etorque like a regular vehicle (just in case). I'll be watching the thread.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A new battery can't be the culprit for the 1/2 fuse box being without power. There is apparently power to the fuse box.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Open the fuse box under the hood and check the big fuses and relays.

GoMango16

Reaction score
My 2019 was exactly the same as yours is. Dealer replaced the battery and power came back and all was well.

wsutard1

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have a 2020 Ram 1500. I was overseas for the last 2 months and the wife last parked it a month ago. Went to start it this morning and it was dead. I hooked up my Jeep Trackhawk to it to boost it (my neighbors were not happy at 7am lol) and everything seemed fine. Pressed the brake, hit start and POOF! The speakers made a weird popping sound and I lost all power. My key fob does not work anymore, power locks, lights and running board do. It doesn't go into accessory mode or RUN anymore. Just says press brake and push button to start and nothing happens. Radio/Multimedia system does not turn on. Bought a new battery, NADA. Half the fuse box does not have power. Please help meee!
Does half the fuse box not have power or are half the fuses blown?

Users who are viewing this thread