5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to receive or send text messages

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have an iPhone X running the latest OS. My F150 with Sync 3 allowed me to send a receive texts via voice and the nav screen. Am I missing something or is that not possible??

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have an iPhone X running the latest OS. My F150 with Sync 3 allowed me to send a receive texts via voice and the nav screen. Am I missing something or is that not possible??
I have an Android and have no issues and I can't see it not being able to do it Apple (but I could be wrong). I'm assuming it has something to do with you granting permissions.

Tmcb

Reaction score
The system will not send or receive from an iPhone. You have to use Apple play. I don’t understand why they made changes. I had a ‘17 Ram and it worked with iPhones. It also alerted you to favorite songs and the ‘19 does not.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
On my 2013 it used Siri to do text via the truck. That should still work, as far as I know. Apple and Uconnect have always had issues working together.

Users who are viewing this thread