5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultra Wheel

usedup

Reaction score
I am looking at the Ultra 203C-Chrome in 20x9 for a '22 Limited. Anyone had any experience with these wheels?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's a lot of chrome to keep clean.
Looks like they got pretty good reviews on custom offsets.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was a dealer for these wheels in the early 2000’s, and my family business still technically is. My recommendation is to stay away from the ultra-branded family for any non-forged offering. We’ve been bitten so many times with chrome warranties and weak wheels that bend with minor potholes that I decided to stop offering them in 2005 (the business still offers them, but no one sells them unless a customer asks). I have a wheel right now hanging as a hose reel in our shop that was on my mitsu evolution X for less than 3 weeks when a minor bridge gap bent all 4 wheels so badly that I lost tire pressure and had to be towed. That’s not my only personal story. Needless to say, I’m not a fan.

Edit: There’s a saying- “Buy once, cry once.” I think money would be better spent if you went with a brand outside of the Ultra family.

Last edited:

usedup

Reaction score
I was a dealer for these wheels in the early 2000’s, and my family business still technically is. My recommendation is to stay away from the ultra-branded family for any non-forged offering. We’ve been bitten so many times with chrome warranties and weak wheels that bend with minor potholes that I decided to stop offering them in 2005 (the business still offers them, but no one sells them unless a customer asks). I have a wheel right now hanging as a hose reel in our shop that was on my mitsu evolution X for less than 3 weeks when a minor bridge gap bent all 4 wheels so badly that I lost tire pressure and had to be towed. That’s not my only personal story. Needless to say, I’m not a fan.

Edit: There’s a saying- “Buy once, cry once.” I think money would be better spent if you went with a brand outside of the Ultra family.
I believe I'm going to pass on the wheels. Probably too damn old to try to keep that stuff shining where I live and ain't always on paved roads. But they shore are purdy.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I believe I'm going to pass on the wheels. Probably too damn old to try to keep that stuff shining where I live and ain't always on paved roads. But they shore are purdy.
I was just at the shop today messing with my coilovers. Here’s one of the wheels I was talking about earlier. It didn’t make it 500 miles before they were all trash. Now it has a second life.

E5D8F49F-D4D7-4B25-97F5-F4CC83BCC311.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread