5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uhh, don’t tow your Jeep behind your RAM like this...

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Woow!! I've never understood why flat towing. I have no experience with it but I imagine it causes unnecessary wear on the tires too, right?

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dang I saw a screenshot of the underside a few days ago, didn't know where the story came from - also direct YT link so for those who don't care for the ads on FauxNews

• Love
Reactions: cj7

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Woow!! I've never understood why flat towing. I have no experience with it but I imagine it causes unnecessary wear on the tires too, right?

I've been planning to flat tow a trail rig - RV'ers flat tow to bring along a 'daily' vehicle while they're parked up. A little towing wear isn't as bad as when the wheels are driven as well.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why was he in low range though? Where on earth would he have been when he's driving up to connect to his motorhome and he's in low range???

RockYacht2020

Reaction score
Could have just been a mistake when he was putting the transfer case in N, right? Isn't that the same shifter on a manual to get from 2WD/4H/4L/N?? I've never owned a Jeep, so can't be sure, and I'm too lazy to look that up, so I'll just speculate. :)

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why was he in low range though? Where on earth would he have been when he's driving up to connect to his motorhome and he's in low range???
Prob thought they shifted it into neutral. It should be telling you on the Dash that you've shifter the diff into neutral. On my truck, it's extremely obvious.

antwon412

Reaction score
I flat tow my Jeep. I’d much rather ride in my comfy, quiet Rebel then the loud Jeep.
He must have just not been paying attention when setting it up.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/