5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

uConnect4 12" -> uConnect5 12" Swap Issues

Doxmia

Reaction score
Heya,

I swapped my radio/screen out for a 2022 uConnect 5 system and for the most part everything worked as expected except for my cameras didn't show up due to me requiring a newer CVPM module (p/n: 56029968AF) which I did swap in but didn't have the security bypass to reprogram my truck. I have a limited trim already so didn't need to program anything else since I was moving 12" to 12".

That being said I got the bypass today, changed my truck year to 2022, cycled it and the cameras showed up. (Front/rear/mirrors). 360 didn't work, it was all black. Every calibration I tried in AlfaODB failed with the same error "Conditions not correct or Request Sequence error". I did everything it said, drive in a straight line between 2 and 8mph, cameras were clean, etc. I tried about 3 dozen times and even tried one camera at a time and just kept getting that same error message. I'm using AlfaODB with the ODBLink MX+.

The other thing I noticed is as soon as I changed my truck to 2022 from 2019 my Adaptive cruise + collision prevention broke and was showing errors in the dash. As soon as I change it back to 2019 it works fine and no errors but then obviously my cameras break. Update: That just fixed itself after a day or so, not sure what is up with that, so now it's just I can not run a calibration no matter what conditions I am in. I've tried driving in a straight line on a lot of different roads and can never start it.

I've tried searching everywhere (these forums and elsewhere) and there's extremely limited information. Hoping anyone (aka @Jimmy07) might be able to help? haha

Attachments

• IMG_0892.JPG
    IMG_0892.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0893.JPG
    IMG_0893.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Doxmia

Reaction score
After trying and failing to calibrate the CVPM with AlfaODB multiple times I just took it to a dealer and they calibrated it in less than 30 mins.

Raman55

Reaction score
After trying and failing to calibrate the CVPM with AlfaODB multiple times I just took it to a dealer and they calibrated it in less than 30 mins.
Hello, where did you buy the CVPM at? I am wanting to upgrade my stereo to the newer version also Fromm 2021 to the connect 5. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread