5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect

Colton033

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2019 Bighorn edition with a Uconnect system. However, there is NO icon to create an account under the "apps" icon in the bottom middle. I have about 9 different apps but no uconnect app. Any advice?

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you don't have nav, there is no need for any kind of account. (except maybe satellite radio, if that's your thing). Actually, even with nav there's no reason to make an account in my opinion. The Sirius Guardian service is part of the nav package (that's what allows starting from the phone app, vehicle health reports, etc- not Uconnect) is garbage and too expensive. Non-nav trucks don't have the Sirius Guardian service.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just purchased a 2019 Bighorn edition with a Uconnect system. However, there is NO icon to create an account under the "apps" icon in the bottom middle. I have about 9 different apps but no uconnect app. Any advice?
No need for an account to use Unconnect.

mtudb24

Reaction score
If you don't have nav, there is no need for any kind of account. (except maybe satellite radio, if that's your thing). Actually, even with nav there's no reason to make an account in my opinion. The Sirius Guardian service is part of the nav package (that's what allows starting from the phone app, vehicle health reports, etc- not Uconnect) is garbage and too expensive. Non-nav trucks don't have the Sirius Guardian service.
My wife just got a 2019 Ram 1500 and in the same boat with no uconnect app on the vehicle. She wants to be able to start her truck from her phone or her Ipad, but can't figure out how to set up an account. Its got the 8.4 without Nav. I don't mind paying the $149 on the unconnect website, but it says you have to sign up using the phone icon on your rr mirror on hitting the Uconnect ap on the radio. Neither of which we have.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My wife just got a 2019 Ram 1500 and in the same boat with no uconnect app on the vehicle. She wants to be able to start her truck from her phone or her Ipad, but can't figure out how to set up an account. Its got the 8.4 without Nav. I don't mind paying the $149 on the unconnect website, but it says you have to sign up using the phone icon on your rr mirror on hitting the Uconnect ap on the radio. Neither of which we have.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
You could call serious XM directly and inquire about Guardian , I think that’s what you mean .

mtudb24

Reaction score
You could call serious XM directly and inquire about Guardian , I think that’s what you mean .
Thanks. I just did and they said even though she has the 8.4 radio, since she doesn't have the SOS button on the mirro, there is no way to add this service to the vehicle. Seems odd? She has the bluethooth and hands free radio which is what the website says is needed for adding this feature. Surprised at the answer from them

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any suggestions?
Thanks
No nav = no Sirius Guardian service. You can't add it. It's not the Bluetooth/handsfree, the Guardian service is run thru a cellular hardware/connection which the non-nav trucks do not have. The service is garbage anyway in my experience. Had it free for a year on my Charger and it was very hit or miss. Definitely not worth paying extra for.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks. I just did and they said even though she has the 8.4 radio, since she doesn't have the SOS button on the mirro, there is no way to add this service to the vehicle. Seems odd? She has the bluethooth and hands free radio which is what the website says is needed for adding this feature. Surprised at the answer from them

The Sirius Guardian service is garbage, don't even think about it, i went with aftermarket DroneMobile remote start, it is cheaper, quicker and work everytime.

Sam_The_RAM_Man

Reaction score
Your vehicle must have Connected Services through SiriusXM Guardian for the “apps” to be on the vehicle. If your RAM doesn’t have the blue colored “Assist” button or red colored “SOS” button on the mirror(DS Platform) or on the overhead console(DT Platform), then your vehicle is not equipped with the feature. This means that you will be unable to remote start; lock or unlock; send navigation; or locate your RAM on your smart phone.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Like everyone stated, no 4C Nav. no joy.
I did like the send and go during my free trial period but not enough to pay $20+ per month for it.

Users who are viewing this thread