5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect - uploading POI's? Anyone have success doing this?

JeffK2019

Reaction score
So I have around 500 Custom POI's that are actually customer addresses/business names that I call on for my job. In the past using a typical Garmin GPS system I easily uploaded those POI's, as a .gpi file, into the Garmin unit and they appear as a custom POI category.

I tried searching for this online, focused on the UConnect system, and did get some generic info about using the Garmin POI uploader with Chrysler UConnect, which I did, and it creates a Garmin/POI folder you can then load on a USB drive and insert. I have tried this approach and also having the .gpi file directly on the USB stick (no directory).

It says for the Chrysler UConnect (only info I could find) to make sure and be on the "Where to" screen and then insert the USB stick.

Would I be inserting the USB stick into either the #1 or #2 slot down near my phone charger area? Is there one somewhere I am missing? I have tried both locations, the USB light comes on, but then nothing happens. No screen prompt appears. Nothing is uploaded. I have also tried being in the POI section on the UConnect, etc..

Has anyone done this successfully or have any words of wisdom? Seems like uploading your own POI's should be pretty straight forward. Maybe I am missing something obvious?

trixdesigns

Reaction score
That's likely for the older UCommect which was based on Garmin. The new one (at least on the 12") uses HERE maps with who knows what underlying software.

We can't get online search to work, much less loading POI's. Hopefully someone has an idea for you though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread