5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect Sux

Ramisgood

Reaction score
Today is the one year anniversary of Stellantis not honoring their warranty on our defective radio. Got an email from them about 20% off their promotional merchandise with free shipping yet they do not fix what is covered by warranty. Great job of deception, Stellantis. You SUCK!

Reaction score
i agree it sux!!! i have the 8.4 non nav. the file playback is trash and when it's done playing a file you have to go back to brouse to find something else to play. thanks dodge for contributeing to distracted driveing! it really should just play the next file automaticly like my old pioneer did. if i could trash it i would.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i agree it sux!!! i have the 8.4 non nav. the file playback is trash and when it's done playing a file you have to go back to brouse to find something else to play. thanks dodge for contributeing to distracted driveing! it really should just play the next file automaticly like my old pioneer did. if i could trash it i would.
You don't want to hear this, but Uconnect is considered by nearly every automotive journalist to be hands down the best infotainment system in the industry. Some of the other automakers are starting to catch up to Uconnect a bit now, but Uconnect has been rated the top one for many years in a row. Your sales person should have taken the time to go over the infotainment system with you, perhaps you can return to the dealer where you bought it and ask them?

Darxide

Reaction score
Uconnect only shows texts on the Android Auto page. Notifications tab doesn't show missed texts or calls, despite the options being set for it. My 13 year old Ford notifies me of new texts and reads them aloud, you would think a 1 year old vehicle would be capable of doing the same when you're on the audio page. I've downloaded radio updates for the Ford from their website and installed with a USB, again, you'd think you could do that with a truck built in 2022, or better yet, connect to the internet through your phone and update. Mind blown. The Uconnect is a big disappointment. Especially since the 2022 was advertised with Alexa and other built in features, however, dealer doesn't inform you that Stellantis built most of them without the WIFI and added advertised features due to the chip shortage and offer no way to gain those features.

Reaction score
You don't want to hear this, but Uconnect is considered by nearly every automotive journalist to be hands down the best infotainment system in the industry. Some of the other automakers are starting to catch up to Uconnect a bit now, but Uconnect has been rated the top one for many years in a row. Your sales person should have taken the time to go over the infotainment system with you, perhaps you can return to the dealer where you bought it and ask them?
i don't want to get off on a bad foot however i don't put alot of stock in what automotive journalist think. i put a Pioneer AVH-2330NEX 7" DVD, Bluetooth, HD Radio, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto in my camaro with a mistro it could read trouble codes and had a version of performancs pages. it kicks uconnects butt. i pulled it out thinking i could install it in the ram but Stellantis made sure that that would not be a option. i think i'm going to get
2019-up Dodge Ram Generation 6 T-Style Radio - LinksWell, Inc.
i beleve that will solve my issues.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Uconnect only shows texts on the Android Auto page. Notifications tab doesn't show missed texts or calls, despite the options being set for it. My 13 year old Ford notifies me of new texts and reads them aloud, you would think a 1 year old vehicle would be capable of doing the same when you're on the audio page. I've downloaded radio updates for the Ford from their website and installed with a USB, again, you'd think you could do that with a truck built in 2022, or better yet, connect to the internet through your phone and update. Mind blown. The Uconnect is a big disappointment. Especially since the 2022 was advertised with Alexa and other built in features, however, dealer doesn't inform you that Stellantis built most of them without the WIFI and added advertised features due to the chip shortage and offer no way to gain those features.
This is incorrect.
I don't use Android auto and it tells me when I get a text and I can read it if I'm stopped, or heave it read it to me if I'm in motion.
Sounds like you did not pair your phone properly to the head unit.

People here would help you if you asked, but just saying it can't do x or y when in fact it can looks pretty silly.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i don't want to get off on a bad foot however i don't put alot of stock in what automotive journalist think. i put a Pioneer AVH-2330NEX 7" DVD, Bluetooth, HD Radio, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto in my camaro with a mistro it could read trouble codes and had a version of performancs pages. it kicks uconnects butt. i pulled it out thinking i could install it in the ram but Stellantis made sure that that would not be a option. i think i'm going to get
2019-up Dodge Ram Generation 6 T-Style Radio - LinksWell, Inc.
i beleve that will solve my issues.
'
I understand what you're saying. It wasn't just the opinions of the journalists themselves, it was based on customer-survey results. But to each their own, and clearly you have a lot of knowledge of audio/infotainment systems and you know what you want. Best of luck in customizing your Ram to make it a great environment for you! Infotainment aside, how do you like the rest of your truck?

Reaction score
'
I understand what you're saying. It wasn't just the opinions of the journalists themselves, it was based on customer-survey results. But to each their own, and clearly you have a lot of knowledge of audio/infotainment systems and you know what you want. Best of luck in customizing your Ram to make it a great environment for you! Infotainment aside, how do you like the rest of your truck?
i'm really likeing it, quite a change from my Camaro ss and 92 C1500. at 54 years old it feels kinda weird not haveing a chevy. i'll learn to live with the radio. it's actually not bad the way it plays the audio files is the only problem i have with it. normally only due what i consider to be tastefull upgrades staying away from trends and keeping a pretty stock appearance. lol my first dodge was a 70 dart swinger i also had a 81 ram. never bought a ford and never will.

Attachments

• ram.jpg
    ram.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread