5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect subscription and Nav online search

gmab

Reaction score
I reached my one year mark and lost the Uconnect subscription/trial. Only thing I miss is the Send-to-go feature. Couldn’t justify the $$$ for that.

I used to have the Nav online search (with the latest upgrade). Well, seems like I’ve lost that feature.

Anyone have the Nav online search WITHOUT Uconnect subscription or free trial?

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I reached my one year mark and lost the Uconnect subscription/trial. Only thing I miss is the Send-to-go feature. Couldn’t justify the $$$ for that.

I used to have the Nav online search (with the latest upgrade). Well, seems like I’ve lost that feature.

Anyone have the Nav online search WITHOUT Uconnect subscription or free trial?
Do you have latest firmware, online search was fixed in last update.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

gmab

Reaction score
Yes, I have version 19.49.13. As mentioned it was working great until Uconnect trial ended.
Note, I haven’t upgraded to the latest 20.04.19 that released in the last day or two.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
version 19.49.13. As mentioned it was working great until Uconnect trial ended.
Note, I haven’t upgraded to the latest 20.04.19 that released in the last day or two.

Weird that it stopped working once your subscription ended, I don't have subscription and my search works fine with 19.49.13. Just got 20.04.19 last night and will check if online search still works. Not sure what has changed in 29.04.19 other than backup camera recall fix.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't think Uconnect has a subscription, does it? It's Sirius XM packages/products that were on the free one-year subscription. The Uconnect should be unaffected by the Sirius XM subscription lapse. The navigation, including search for addresses/points of interest, should stay with the Uconnect that you paid for when you bought the vehicle. Stuff like live traffic, Guardian, etc. is what goes away with Sirius.

gmab

Reaction score
Weird that it stopped working once your subscription ended, I don't have subscription and my search works fine with 19.49.13. Just got 20.04.19 last night and will check if online search still works. Not sure what has changed in 29.04.19 other than backup camera recall fix.

Ok, maybe the two are unrelated. I'd be interested to know if the online search still works.

I don't think Uconnect has a subscription, does it? It's Sirius XM packages/products that were on the free one-year subscription. The Uconnect should be unaffected by the Sirius XM subscription lapse. The navigation, including search for addresses/points of interest, should stay with the Uconnect that you paid for when you bought the vehicle. Stuff like live traffic, Guardian, etc. is what goes away with Sirius.
I'm referring to UConnect Access. https://www.driveuconnect.com/uconnectaccess.html
This includes emergency services, the app to lock/unlock/remote start, etc. Cost is about $120/year. I starting thinking that maybe the online search was part of this feature set but I really don't know.

Surfingjeff

Reaction score
My new truck I left unconnected to Sirius and my Nav did not work until I connected for the free trial.

Clnewman5566

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram 3500 dually with the 12" screen. Our free trial ended on 5/31/21. We renewed SiriusXM's radio, but not Guardian. We've never subscribed to Uconnect wifi, etc. I have never received any notification of updates in the year we've had the truck.

The very next day (6/1) the GPS search feature completely stopped working. No voice or keyboard search works. Every attempt gets a response that says "Canceled". What strange is all our "Favorite" destinations are still in memory.

Did I miss a patch or update?

The truck is due to go in for its 15k mile service. Is it worthwhile having them look at it?

We're full time RVers, and a working GPS search feature is extremely important to us.

LV426

Reaction score
I purchased my 1500 used, about 7 month old. Everything worked regarding the Nav online search but it was still linked to the previous owner. It was PITA to get it switched over in my name (especially the Guardian service, took over a week). I then lost the Nav search feature and the radio itself seemed to function worse than usual but after a few days everything seemed to come back and now it functions "normal"... We used the trucks Navigation the first time just to try it out and it brought us to a neighborhood instead of the restaurant we were looking for (place has been there for years)... Needless to say we only use Google now...

tack2jibe

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram 3500 dually with the 12" screen. Our free trial ended on 5/31/21. We renewed SiriusXM's radio, but not Guardian. We've never subscribed to Uconnect wifi, etc. I have never received any notification of updates in the year we've had the truck.

The very next day (6/1) the GPS search feature completely stopped working. No voice or keyboard search works. Every attempt gets a response that says "Canceled". What strange is all our "Favorite" destinations are still in memory.

Did I miss a patch or update?

The truck is due to go in for its 15k mile service. Is it worthwhile having them look at it?

We're full time RVers, and a working GPS search feature is extremely important to us.
The same thing has happened to me on June 1st. On family vacation at that! Have you found any guidance? I'm trying to decide if the navigation 'search' is connected to the paid service that I declined for the next year? So frustrated.

INVISBLE

Reaction score
The online search is a feature of Guardian. Bullturd but that's the way it is now...

Users who are viewing this thread