5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect Separate From Sirius XM

Kenny4

Reaction score
I have the 8.4 Uconnect in a 2021 Bighorn. I keep getting bombarded with emails from Sirius wanting me to activate the free 6 month trial. If I don't do that or do it and then let the trial run out, how will the disconnecting of Sirius affect the Uconnect. Will I still have the radio, gps etc. Thanks

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You will only lose XM radio and XM Guardian (if you have that. It's only on trucks with stock nav). Nothing else is affected.

Kenny4

Reaction score
I'm not sure what, " stock nav " means. The uconnect 8.4 with navigation was an add on for $7-800. Most of the things they list as the wow factor of sirius, I have no interest in. So I don't think the trial offer would benefit me much. Would I still be able to use a android phone with the uconnect.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You will be able to Bluetooth connect your phone to the Uconnect system.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not sure what, " stock nav " means. The uconnect 8.4 with navigation was an add on for $7-800. Most of the things they list as the wow factor of sirius, I have no interest in. So I don't think the trial offer would benefit me much. Would I still be able to use a android phone with the uconnect.
Yes that would be the 'stock nav'. If none of those Sirius items interest you, then don't worry about them. Everything else will function fine without it. You can connect any Android phone to it with Bluetooth as Goatman said, or better yet, use a cable to plug it into one of the USB ports under the radio and use Android Auto.

Kenny4

Reaction score
Thank you all for the replies, appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread