5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect seems to be a problem…

PTL294

Reaction score
So I know this isn’t the worst thing. And seems crazy to complain about, but what causes the presets to reset? The dealer says they don’t know how to fix it. They can see there’s a problem with the unit, but don’t know what it is or how to fix it. The rep said it throws a code, but there’s no solution. He tried to tell me that plugging in to the usb and being connected to Bluetooth is the cause. It’s not. I stopped presetting the stations this last time, since there’s so damn many. Is anyone else having this issue? Theres other little issues that are sporadic. Back up camera doesn’t come on. Rarely, but it happens. Volume randomly gets louder/softer. It’s not a killer but man is it annoying.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I know this isn’t the worst thing. And seems crazy to complain about, but what causes the presets to reset? The dealer says they don’t know how to fix it. They can see there’s a problem with the unit, but don’t know what it is or how to fix it. The rep said it throws a code, but there’s no solution. He tried to tell me that plugging in to the usb and being connected to Bluetooth is the cause. It’s not. I stopped presetting the stations this last time, since there’s so damn many. Is anyone else having this issue? Theres other little issues that are sporadic. Back up camera doesn’t come on. Rarely, but it happens. Volume randomly gets louder/softer. It’s not a killer but man is it annoying.
First year glitches with the Uconnect 5 software. If it's throwing a code, and dealer acknowledges there is an issue can push for them to replace the head unit and hope the new one works

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dumb question...but if you have seat memory, are you resaving your seat memory after you program your stations?

20GladRubicon

Reaction score
My presets were disappearing as well. I had mostly Sirius channels, a few FM and 1 AM channel. The last time I reset them I did not include the FM and AM stations. It has been over a week now and they are still there. Seems pretty finicky.

Bavet

Reaction score
My unit does everything you mentioned. I've had the truck for a little over two months and my presets have disappeared three times. I set up some shortcuts on my Home screen and many times they just say "loading". I bet I have the same other little issues you have. My dealer said they know of many people complaining about these annoyances and that Ram was due to roll out a new software update at the end of the quarter to fix many problems but they don't know what problems it will fix. You're not crazy to complain about it. Ram should do a better job fixing these problems.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you expand on this? Why would this matter?
The radio station presets are tied to seat memory, once you save the stations you need to re-save the seat settings. I know from experience...took me 4 times of resetting stations before I figured it out. :D

Bavet

Reaction score
The radio station presets are tied to seat memory, once you save the stations you need to re-save the seat settings. I know from experience...took me 4 times of resetting stations before I figured it out. :D
I'll try this. Thanks!

bombaman

Reaction score
When you open and close your doors with the Truck off, do you hear a pop from the speakers? I think its a bug that came with the Feburary OTA update, radio turns on and off, and eventually resets.

Bavet

Reaction score
When you open and close your doors with the Truck off, do you hear a pop from the speakers? I think its a bug that came with the Feburary OTA update, radio turns on and off, and eventually resets.
I have not noticed this with mine. Are you saying when you enter the truck before you start it or exit the truck after you've shut it off? I have manually reset my radio but I don't think it's ever reset itself.

PTL294

Reaction score
I’ve been overwhelmed with work, school, court and missed these replies! I’ll try to catch up…
I do hear the pop when I open and close the doors. Even if the truck has been off for awhile. I do not have memory seats, but that would make sense. Since you can set preferences for the profile on the uconnect. I only set two Sirius stations about a week ago and haven’t had it reset, yet. I never bothered to preset the AM/FM stations. The tech said it might be from having the phone connected via Bluetooth and USB. Not sure how the phone would reset them. I do know when I’m charging my phone and connected to Bluetooth in the cruiser at work(2021 Explorer) it completely resets the radio when my phone gets to a full charge which is odd. The station preset reset hasn’t happened in about a week, but the volume fluctuating has been happening. Even with the compensated volume setting turned off.

afonda

Reaction score
2020 Ram 2500 Power Wagon: I am having the "Camera System Unavailable" black screen. No cameras will work (I have the 360 surround cameras). This is a random problem. Dealer wants to replace the head unit (8.4). Anyone else gone this route and did it fix your issues?

Users who are viewing this thread