5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect Screen Glitch Caused by Front Park Sensors

barrak

Reaction score
Whenever the front park sensors are triggered by an obstacle, while the truck is in Drive (moving or at a traffic stop), the 360 degrees camera top view and front camera view display on the top half of the 12" screen, as expected. The bottom half of the screen goes dark.

The problem is this screen state refuses to time out and the screen becomes unresponsive to touch inputs for the remainder of the trip... camera displays remain real-time and radio (if on) remains on. Physical SCREEN OFF button presses are also ignored. Only way to bring screen functionality back is by either turning engine off, or putting the truck in Reverse and back in Drive.

Is this behavior a known issue? Truck is a '23 Longhorn.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have a Tazer by chance? That is a known problem when you activate that feature via that device.

barrak

Reaction score
Do you have a Tazer by chance? That is a known problem when you activate that feature via that device.

I do have a Tazer DT installed, Yes. And I have the Park Cam feature enabled. I'll disable Park Cam and see how it goes. Now that I'm familiar with maneuvering the truck in parking lots, I don't need it anymore. Thanks for the tip.

Reactions: Jtr

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Whenever the front park sensors are triggered by an obstacle, while the truck is in Drive (moving or at a traffic stop), the 360 degrees camera top view and front camera view display on the top half of the 12" screen, as expected. The bottom half of the screen goes dark.

The problem is this screen state refuses to time out and the screen becomes unresponsive to touch inputs for the remainder of the trip... camera displays remain real-time and radio (if on) remains on. Physical SCREEN OFF button presses are also ignored. Only way to bring screen functionality back is by either turning engine off, or putting the truck in Reverse and back in Drive.

Is this behavior a known issue? Truck is a '23 Longhorn.
It's definitely a known issue with the Tazer park cam mode.

Users who are viewing this thread