5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect Screen at Startup

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nearly every time I shutdown the truck I'm on the media screen.

However, when I restart the truck the screen that appears looks like the media screen but has several areas that are greyed out until I click the media screen button again.

It doesn't seem to matter what media source I'm using. Most often it's music from USB, but also does the same thing with FM or carplay.

Not really a big issue but somewhat annoying. Anyone else notice this.

After engine start.
IMG_3233.jpg

After selecting media screen
IMG_3234.jpg

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
This system is certainly glitchy. When my truck starts, its a crapshoot what source will play. Doesnt seem to remember what was playing at shutdown. Sometimes truck startup will play FM radio, or Sirius, or my usb stick. One time the volume was way high, and i couldnt turn it down until the precheck routine was complete.

Minor hassles for sure, but hassles just the same !

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I found having Carplay on a Home screen, even if it wasn't the active Home screen, would make mine randomly open sources at nearly ever startup. Removed the Home screens with carplay now it just occasionally is random.

I've noticed the volume issue as well. After start, it seems you can't adjust it until after everything loads.

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
This system is certainly glitchy. When my truck starts, its a crapshoot what source will play. Doesnt seem to remember what was playing at shutdown. Sometimes truck startup will play FM radio, or Sirius, or my usb stick. One time the volume was way high, and i couldnt turn it down until the precheck routine was complete.

Minor hassles for sure, but hassles just the same !
Ive kinda figured out a little of what may be going on, with one issue at least.
When i park the truck in the garage for the night and the music source at shutdown is Sirius, it will try to run Sirius on its next restart. I think what is going on is that as the electronic uconnect self check/start up procedure is firing up, it cannot see a satisfactory satelite signal because im in the garage. It therefore automatically grabs my usb stick and plays that music.
If thats normal, i can understand and live with it, except that the self check startup procedure is so long, and slow, that im halfway down my driveway before volume and source control is available to me, and sometimes its louder than id like. Im not sure if i was just jamming at shutdown or the system is starting up louder than it should. I gotta pay more attention to shutdown volume, as this is probably my fault. It would be nice if the system had a default startup volume. Some of my home equipment allows user settable startup volume.

Users who are viewing this thread