5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect Remote saved my bacon and possible issue with key FOB

stevestrike

Reaction score
Yesterday when returning to my truck, I opened the tailgate and tossed a bag into the bed. The tailgate unlocked via the proximity sensor for the key FOB, which was in my bag. When I went to get into the cab, the doors were locked and I realized I had left my keys in the bag, which was now locked in the bed of the truck. I was locked out of the truck.

I was able to use the Uconnect App to send an unlock signal to the truck, that was a really nice feature, however I'm concerned that the proximity sensor:

1. Allowed the door to be closed & locked while the key was inside the vehicle (or at least inside the tailgate). I'm pretty sure they are designed to not allow you to make this mistake.

2. Did not allow me to unlock the tailgate even though the key was right on the other side of it

I wonder if my battery might be low in the key fob, or something else is going on.

Lastly, is there any other method to remote unlocking in these trucks? SOS? or some other number you can call, or is the remote unlock (paid app) the only option for us?

Buck

Reaction score
Yesterday when returning to my truck, I opened the tailgate and tossed a bag into the bed. The tailgate unlocked via the proximity sensor for the key FOB, which was in my bag. When I went to get into the cab, the doors were locked and I realized I had left my keys in the bag, which was now locked in the bed of the truck. I was locked out of the truck.

I was able to use the Uconnect App to send an unlock signal to the truck, that was a really nice feature, however I'm concerned that the proximity sensor:

1. Allowed the door to be closed & locked while the key was inside the vehicle (or at least inside the tailgate). I'm pretty sure they are designed to not allow you to make this mistake.

2. Did not allow me to unlock the tailgate even though the key was right on the other side of it

I wonder if my battery might be low in the key fob, or something else is going on.

Lastly, is there any other method to remote unlocking in these trucks? SOS? or some other number you can call, or is the remote unlock (paid app) the only option for us?
Mine has always aloud me to lock the fob inside open with app

Reverse

Reaction score
The bed of the truck seems to be separate from the four doors: I can approach the bed and open the tailgate. That does not unlock the doors however, they need to be unlocked separately.

IHFN

Reaction score
This happened to me too. Seems like a bad proximity design. Anyone that has a cover for the bed will have this problem. Fortunately, the Uconnect app worked. I'll now probably purchase Uconnect after the first year just to make sure I don't lock myself out. I seriously doubt they could do an upgrade of the map either so it will probably be this way for the long haul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online