5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect rebooting need update file

mre924

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I hate to post this, I have done DAYS of reading trying to find the solution to my problem. The battery on my truck went dead while i was out on a cruise in the Carribean. When the truck starts, the radio comes up with the user warning, then goes to the main screen like it should. However I can not connect bluetooth, can not connect carplay, can not get any of the three tuners to turn on. After about 2-3 minutes it reboots. I can click most of the buttons and they work. I can pull up dealer mode and see the info in there. I can pull up the settings, and have done a reset to default. 3x. also a soft reset with the power and tune knobs. I called Uconnect and they had me do all the above and then recommended a stealership visit. I know it needs the firmware reloaded to it, but I can not find a downloadable link anywhere. Uconnect website says its up to date but its not. Something I forgot to mention, 2021 bighorn came with the 5" radio and I upgraded a used 8.4 unit into it some time back. Years of it working great with no issues. I believe its a vp2 Non Nav unit? The truck was a gift to me, but it was basic as basic gets, and I have been adding creature comforts when I can. The FW version shown in dealer mode was 11.46.1. Does anybody have a link or is willing to share a file so I can fix/brick this unit?

Users who are viewing this thread