5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect preset issue (title edit and solved)

TJ1113

Reaction score
Just picked up my '23 Big Horn. Had a '21 with the 8.4. I've noticed if I use the steering wheel control to cycle thru my Sirius presets, when I get to the end it should go back to #1. But when I hit the button it switches to FM and I have to hit the button 1 more time, then it will go to my 1st sirius preset.

I can't understand why it doesn't just stay on Sirius. My old 8.4 never did this.

Wanted to see if anyone else has seen this or if there is an issue with my system.

It's very annoying. I have zero presets for FM (or AM) so I don't understand why it switches. For some reason no matter what I tune it to, after a restart when it happens it's an annoying ghetto channel. It's the last active channel in the FM band in our area. I'd rather it be static.

TJ1113

Reaction score
I figured out what the issue is. I had my radio set to 15 presets. There are up to 30 presets available. The FM channel was somewhere after #15. Not sure why it would tune to a preset past the 15 I had it set for.

If you go to the browse screen you can delete your presets. So in my case deleting any presets after 15 fixed this (deleting sets them to "Hold to Set")

Strange thing is before I figured out what the issue was I did a factory reset and there are all sorts of SXM, AM and FM channels up to #20 with a mix of Hold to Sets in between. One would think that on a factory reset they would all be deleted.

Hope this helps out others.

Users who are viewing this thread