5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect / phone ring

Florida Truck

Reaction score
Update on Uconnect case, so I received a email today from Uconnect that they want to open a Star case on the loud phone ring. This is after three trips to the dealership and two updates to the radio. It appears they don’t know how to resolve it. Do you all think I should go back for the “star case “ ?

Bram2019

Reaction score
Which radio do you have. There is a new flash out for the radio depending what you have. Version 1848.24 Suppose to address this. Unless you already have this software installed. This is not on the public Uconnect site yet but the dealer should have it

Florida Truck

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I have the latest update as of August 16 , which was revision B. My radio is the 8.4 screen size, I have been working with the Uconnect case manager and their technician. No update they have installed has solved the phone ring volume defaulting by to level 15.

Bram2019

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I have the latest update as of August 16 , which was revision B. My radio is the 8.4 screen size, I have been working with the Uconnect case manager and their technician. No update they have installed has solved the phone ring volume defaulting by to level 15.
The flash and tsb came out on August 29, 2019 which is revision C. You probably have 1828 installed. Hopefully the newest flash fixes your issue. I know for fact it fits 8.4 non nav. Not sure about 8.4 with nav.

Florida Truck

Reaction score
UPDATE, Went to dealer today per Connect case manager for the latest update, my radio was up to date. Star case was called and the result is this crazy answer from them " This is a normal condition. this is set to 15 so the driver can hear the call or Nav if equipped.The volume can be changed once it starts but will return to 15 again and again." I'm stumped what genius came up with that brilliant design

GATORB8

Reaction score
UPDATE, Went to dealer today per Connect case manager for the latest update, my radio was up to date. Star case was called and the result is this crazy answer from them " This is a normal condition. this is set to 15 so the driver can hear the call or Nav if equipped.The volume can be changed once it starts but will return to 15 again and again." I'm stumped what genius came up with that brilliant design
Especially sucks when you have a passenger on a phone call and you've got multiple upcoming turns. Every single carplay/waze nav announcement goes back to default volume.

Users who are viewing this thread