5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect Phone App?

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
I had a 2015 Ram Ecodiesel and the UConnect App. Honestly, the app was terrible. I tried to use it as a remote engine starter in the winter but it only worked less than 50% of the time and seemed to always have login failures to the app. I haven't received my 2019 Ram yet but do any of you have any input on the ability to remotely start, etc. the 2019 Ram with their phone app? I am assuming Ram/Chrysler still has this app or something similar .
Thanks.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It usually works, but it is slow... just as easy (and generally faster) for me to use the fob to open doors or remote start... my 2¢.

U

User_3336

For the remote app to work for remote starts and lock/unlock requests, I've found it works out in the open much better than trying to get it to work in a garage.
It would have to connect to an AT&T cell tower to send the command to the vehicle.

LadderCo2

Reaction score
I cant get the app to stop showing me information on my 2016 Ram that I traded in.

Kork

Reaction score
I had the worst time getting it set up because for some reason i had a Mopar.com login for my ‘12 wrangler. Getting everything switched over to the ram and getting to set up a pin required talking to 3 different departments and ultimately having my Mopar account set up to a new email address. Best advice i have besides that is that change to the account, etc seem to take 24 hours+, so wait for “welcome” emails.

Now that i have it, it works. Remote starting takes up to a minute. I plan to use it in the very cold /snowy days of winter from inside the office when key fob is out of range. Otherwise i can’t imagine using it. We’ll see if it turns out worth paying for after that ...

U

User_3336

It should not have been that painful. Having a mopar account already most likely wasn't the issue. you can add/delete vehicles to your "garage" as you please in your account.

But in my experience, if everything isn't added/verified/authenticated in a certain order, it does tend to mess up things.

I already had a mopar account setup, vehicle added, pin # created, but it appears that data from Sirius Guardian does not always sync with mopar.com the way it should. There are some complaints about this for alot of 18 year models as well.. Also, a software update cause all my information to be lost, so i had to re register. Everything to sync back in 2 days.

I highly doubt I will pay for sirius guardian after my trial expires. I might consider the hotspot.

I had the worst time getting it set up because for some reason i had a Mopar.com login for my ‘12 wrangler. Getting everything switched over to the ram and getting to set up a pin required talking to 3 different departments and ultimately having my Mopar account set up to a new email address. Best advice i have besides that is that change to the account, etc seem to take 24 hours+, so wait for “welcome” emails.

Now that i have it, it works. Remote starting takes up to a minute. I plan to use it in the very cold /snowy days of winter from inside the office when key fob is out of range. Otherwise i can’t imagine using it. We’ll see if it turns out worth paying for after that ...

ronkaren

Reaction score
my u-connect does not work correctly in my '19 ram sport.
I get a lot of "failed request" responses. If I log out of the uconnect app and then reload it works for a very short time then fail sign appears again. the dealership doesn't know how to correct it, and u-connect/serius/guardian can start my truck from wherever they're located.
anyone solved this yet?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Once I found which of the apps actually worked for me (Uconnect app worked, Guardian didn't) I've had zero issues and find it useful on large jobsites my fob can't reach.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
I only use it when I forget my keys inside and need to get something out of it. Other than that it's much faster to use the fob.

M

Mdegen93

Mine works every time. Takes about 30 seconds to start the truck though. But from the middle of my shop it’s a life saver

Users who are viewing this thread