5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect Not Indexing iPod

MNiceguy

Reaction score
First of all, yes I know I am choosing to use the ancient iPod Touch even though all the cool kids have moved on.

Bought the truck about a year ago and using the same iPod Touch since day 1. Recently I chose to update some playlists and songs on the iPod but the RAM absolutely refuses to acknowledge the changes.

UConnect is still showing the playlists and songs as they WERE. As a consequence I can no longer navigate the iPod from the dash. Music still plays if I manually select songs in the iPod itself.

Here's what I've tried:
  • Reset iPod to factory defaults
  • Changed device name of iPod
  • Changed names of playlists
  • Reset UConnect
  • Cleared user data from UConnect
  • Formatted a USB drive and added songs. Inserted it and then reconnected iPod (someone said it might force a re-index)
Has anyone had this problem and managed to solve it? Is there a way to force the head unit to re-index its connected media?

MikeinSonoma

Reaction score
I just got a RAM 2021 w/12”, moving from a Honda Ridgeline with my iPod touch. It doesn’t read any of the artwork it might display the song and I seem to have to mess with it to get it to start, usually by hitting play on the iPod its self.
At times the uconnect calls an an iPod but it seems to be fleeting. This is my music when SeriousXM is blocked by trees or mountains and I don’t keep music on my phone.
Although you didn’t get an answer, doesn’t hurt to ask again.

Users who are viewing this thread