5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect Navigation Update Email - "NO THANKS RAM"

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do you have a Google account, and if so, you're signed in to your Google account on your phone? Maybe that's the difference?
I actually have two Google accounts. And with a Google Pixel phone have to be signed in

ram813ltd

Reaction score
Maybe, but as I noted in a previous post, I've had a couple of instances where Google maps couldn't deliver, whereas the nav built into my Uconnect4 Ram got me there correctly, without any fuss. So it's not like Google Maps is the only thing that works.
Not to mention, Google Maps user interface has become so cluttered with useless info & sponsored crap on the map display, it's frustrating to try to negotiate the interface. Do I really care that a boutique shop I'm passing by is having a sale today? Do I care if a restaurant or store has coupons today? Hell no! You can shut off the overlaid sponsored crap in desktop versions, but Google doesn't allow the overlay crap to be turned off in the mobile version.
The there's the long-term consequences of continuing to blindly feed the Google machine...
when google seems to give a odd routing, cancel it and try again. it'll correct

Users who are viewing this thread