5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect Navigation Update Email - "NO THANKS RAM"

Squatch79

Reaction score
So, I get an email from RAM regarding my Navigation system being out of date. Hmm, pretty sure it was out of date when I bought the truck. The OEM navigation on these units are absolutely awful. It will send me 30 minutes out of my way to get to a destination that would normally only take 15 minutes. How do they even sell these "updates" if the navigation system sucks that bad. I'll just do myself a favor and use Apple CarPlay and Google maps for FREE. What a joke......

Attachments

• UCONNECT NAV.jpg
    UCONNECT NAV.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 3

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Uconnect maps are far more reliable than CarPlay and I've not had a problem with it leading me astray. It also continues to work in remote area's where my phone's maps won't because I keep losing a cell signal.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Both are fine - if you prefer map apps on your phone, use them. If you like Ram's built-in navigation, that's fine as well.
I've had a couple of times when Google Maps on the iPhone couldn't get me to a residential address, whereas my 2020 Ram with Uconnect-4 took me right there perfectly.
Redundancy is good to have - when one fails, at least we all have another system at our disposal as backup.

Users who are viewing this thread