5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect Lost Camera, Settings for Beakes, keys, Seats and Comfort. Gone

Driver

Reaction score
1200 mi on 2024 truck.....
Now backup camera not working. That screen was solid blue. Did a hard reset through the uconnect screen and camera has dissappeared entirely.

Making this worse a number of other settings in the "vehicle" screen are gone.
Now gone :
Camera
Brakes
Seats and comfort
Key off

They were all there before the reset now gone.!!!!

I checked the vin on uconnect site and it's up to date. Supposedly.

I pm'd Ram cares to see if the uconnect phantom and erratic action was in Ram's database. They have no clue and are no absolutely help.

How does something like this get through Ram factory quality control? Do they even test uconnect before shipment? Have they no automated software to check features? I think I know the answer.

Anyone else experienced this?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
1200 mi on 2024 truck.....
Now backup camera not working. That screen was solid blue. Did a hard reset through the uconnect screen and camera has dissappeared entirely.

Making this worse a number of other settings in the "vehicle" screen are gone.
Now gone :
Camera
Brakes
Seats and comfort
Key off

They were all there before the reset now gone.!!!!

I checked the vin on uconnect site and it's up to date. Supposedly.

I pm'd Ram cares to see if the uconnect phantom and erratic action was in Ram's database. They have no clue and are no absolutely help.

How does something like this get through Ram factory quality control? Do they even test uconnect before shipment? Have they no automated software to check features? I think I know the answer.

Anyone else experienced this?
Well, now you wait. The system will relearn everything in about 6 hours.

You did it to yourself by doing a hard reset. Nothing Ram did wrong.

23RAM

Reaction score
You did it to yourself by doing a hard reset. Nothing Ram did wrong.
So I guess the backup camera not working was his fault too...
@Driver the reset might fix it, and the other features will come back when the truck gets connected to RAM services. If the backup camera fails to work, contact your dealer. There was a software update that was available which might be related.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Check what version your firmware is on. The website always says you are up to date no matter what you have. On a 24 is will be T and 4 numbers such as T25 or T27.
Post them here and I can get you the newer version if you are in fact out of date.
After an update the next few hours things will be really weird so do it in a day you don't plan on driving it

Driver

Reaction score
The reset did correct the blue screen on the camera. The other functions came back in a few hours.

Who ever heard of electronics that don't reset at once? But in 3 hours. Really?

I'll check the version and post it. This 2024 uconnect is as buggy as can be!! Even now, hitting home, media, or climate are often prohibited when sitting still. Go figure.

Driver

Reaction score
My 2024 uconnect is version My23 t27. 34 prod.

Another small question, no big deal. I have music as the top half of my 12" screen. Before the radio reset, I used to have the radio station logos or performers pics displayed. Now its just the station or program name in text. Any way to get the pics back?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
My 2024 uconnect is version My23 t27. 34 prod.

Another small question, no big deal. I have music as the top half of my 12" screen. Before the radio reset, I used to have the radio station logos or performers pics displayed. Now its just the station or program name in text. Any way to get the pics back?
If it's really T27.34 that could be your problem.
Should be T27.46, I don't think I ever saw anyone with .34. Are you sure that's the number you got?

I'm not sure on the pics, I use bluetooth for audio.

Driver

Reaction score
That's the number for sure.
I tried Ramcares bit it seems they could care less.

Driver

Reaction score
So how do you get the latest version? I see it supposedly can download through wifi. Is that version online somewhere?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
So how do you get the latest version? I see it supposedly can download through wifi. Is that version online somewhere?
Wifi updates ie over the air (OTA) updates don't work for a ton of us.
You can update it via usb drive, but the files need to come from someone in Ram because as you know Ramcares will refuse to provide you anything. A dealership will alps not provide you the update files if they even have them.

If you go into a dealership there is a chance they would update it for you, but likely would just say Ramcares needs to white-list your vin for the update for OTA.

If you want to update it over usb you can PM me and I can send you the file. I'm still confused how you have a version I havnt seen people have. Wonder if it was for testing at the factory and they never applied a production version.

Driver

Reaction score
I'll take a wait and see approach. If it gets worse Ill pm you and get the file. Tks.

Driver

Reaction score
Shazam. 2024 uconnect is updating itself with no user input. Unless i have a temporary free internet or hot spot, i have no idea how it accessed the INTERNET and made it's own request. Now Ram is telling me my milage and tire pressure, like suddenly they're real smart.

However bingo, it updated itself to v 46.

We'll see if the issues go away. I recall one poster has said Ram buys radios from their vendor, sometimes with out of date software. Perhaps so, but where is the Ram quality check that should verify everything about a new truck is the newest? This is not how i spell HIGH QUALITY!

Anyone know how a 24 Ram uconnect unit can access the internet if you have not paid for that access, even temporarily ?

Driver

Reaction score
Just found this about Rams...

It is likely a trial or paid Siriusxm Guardian subscription.
If you do not want information to be shared, you can call 877 324 9091 and ask to disconnect Uconnect Siriusxm Guardian services for privacy reasons.

Unclear if updates like uconnect will continue. Also unclear if other reporting back to Ram, like mileage and maintenance reminders will continue. Big brother is here. He's riding in the passenger seat of every Ram.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just found this about Rams...

It is likely a trial or paid Siriusxm Guardian subscription.
If you do not want information to be shared, you can call 877 324 9091 and ask to disconnect Uconnect Siriusxm Guardian services for privacy reasons.

Unclear if updates like uconnect will continue. Also unclear if other reporting back to Ram, like mileage and maintenance reminders will continue. Big brother is here. He's riding in the passenger seat of every Ram.
Everyone already knows about this. It's been around since 2019 when the Ram was updated to the 5th Gen maybe even longer. This isn't anything new. You should still get Uconnect updates though even if you don't have the subscription service.

Ready Go

Reaction score
Can someone tell what the newest update #s are?

The other day my 2024 Laramie G/T that I got in October popped up a message on the 12" U5 that said something like "Update T27.?? ready to download" (much more wording though) just as I was shutting it off at the grocery store.

It gave me at dongle to Accept or Later( I think). I tried the Later dongle and it flashes the same screen, so I shut off the truck.

When I finished shopping and started the truck, it popped up that the "Update was completed/successful"..something like that. I expected nothing to work (from what I've heard here), but everything seemed better & faster..for about a day, now seems no different/better than before! Still have to prompt my NAV widget to load, still slow to load Avitars, etc. I've finally figured out howvto "push" those through to load, but ugh, thought the update would help.

Driver

Reaction score
Just like Ready Go said, it just did the update. It was preceeded by an apparently failed attempt, but when successful it said so. No user input of any kind.

Attachments

• 20240128_154141.jpg
    20240128_154141.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20240128_122134.jpg
    20240128_122134.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 15

Users who are viewing this thread