5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect issues with Assist and SOS

grinch72

Reaction score
So all of my remote services work, I can remote lock, start, etc but when I’m in the vehicle and try the Assist, Send and Go, SOS buttons, etc, none of them work. The radio comes up and says my services aren’t activated even though Sirius says they are and the remote commands work. Has anyone seen this or heard of a fix?? Tried searching and didn’t find anything like this.

TooTall

Reaction score
This is the problem I have now too, they requested I do a "Clear personal data" to attempt to fix other things, and now my head unit thinks "Connected services are not active" ever since then.

I had a discussion of over 25 minute with SXM Guardian support yesterday, you should call in and tell them the same so they can have more documented cases.

Call this number: 877-324-6887

TT

grinch72

Reaction score
This is the problem I have now too, they requested I do a "Clear personal data" to attempt to fix other things, and now my head unit thinks "Connected services are not active" ever since then.

I had a discussion of over 25 minute with SXM Guardian support yesterday, you should call in and tell them the same so they can have more documented cases.

Call this number: 877-324-6887

TT
I spoke with them yesterday as well. On the phone for an hour. Did all the clear personal data stuff, etc. Still no good. Eventually got to the point where they told me I needed to bring it to the dealer to have them fix it. I'm convinced that is a BS cop-out! I had a similar issue in a 2018 JGC and ended up disconnecting my battery for a few hours, and resetting it that way. That ended up working in that truck. I'm thinking of doing the same in this and seeing what happens.

TooTall

Reaction score
I spoke with them yesterday as well. On the phone for an hour. Did all the clear personal data stuff, etc. Still no good. Eventually got to the point where they told me I needed to bring it to the dealer to have them fix it. I'm convinced that is a BS cop-out! I had a similar issue in a 2018 JGC and ended up disconnecting my battery for a few hours, and resetting it that way. That ended up working in that truck. I'm thinking of doing the same in this and seeing what happens.

If you try that, let us know if it works.

I was gonna look for a fuse or something, but I figure they may have a cmos battery or something as well.

TT

grinch72

Reaction score
If you try that, let us know if it works.

I was gonna look for a fuse or something, but I figure they may have a cmos battery or something as well.

TT
Worked like a champ. Disconnect battery and left it disconnect for around an hour. Hooked it backed up, started the truck and drove around for a while. At first most of the icons were missing but after about 30 mins they all came back and everything was working as expected.

TooTall

Reaction score
Worked like a champ. Disconnect battery and left it disconnect for around an hour. Hooked it backed up, started the truck and drove around for a while. At first most of the icons were missing but after about 30 mins they all came back and everything was working as expected.

So the remote app/mopar site and the sos/assist are all working?

Does the remote app / mopar site work after the truck has been shut off for a hour or more?

Thanks for reporting back!!

TT

TooTall

Reaction score
@grinch72 Did it reset your settings or just a good hard reboot?

i did it, and first power up many options missing, theme was red rather than the Limited Blue i normally use and such.

Shut off truck and restarted and all my settings came back.

is that how your's acted?

TT

M

Mdegen93

i did it, and first power up many options missing, theme was red rather than the Limited Blue i normally use and such.

TT
Mine did that too after I pulled the battery cable

TooTall

Reaction score
When i checked today, my Assist and SOS buttons are working properly now, so the batt cable pull for an hour appears to have fixed that issue.

Will check the remote commands later after truck sits for awhile.

TT

grinch72

Reaction score

TT
Sorry- Just seeing all of these. Yes it acted the same. Seemed to reset everything at first but then my settings started coming back. All is still working as expected so far.

Ram Rocker

Reaction score
I just bought a new 2020 Limited. SOS and Assist buttons not working nor is the remote app on my iPhone. Sirius XM stations work as does my phone with calls.

technowerks

Reaction score
I have the same issues after a radio swap. Did you get yours working? I've talked to the dealer, Uconnect, Uconnect Guardian and ATT and have had no luck.

daze513

Reaction score
Any luck with this? I update my radio today to 39.7 and upgraded the Sirius guardian to the highest package, but now my SOS, Assist, Sirius Travel link, Search and GO and anything Sirius guardian related is not working.
Unlock and lock from the app are working so there’s definitely some communication. Just the radio thinks it’s not activated with Sirius guardian.
Anyone with similar issues or a fix?

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you guys changed the radio module? If so, you need to get in touch with SiriusXM and have them change the radio ID number to your VIN.

Users who are viewing this thread