5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect hacking

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am not a developer or hacker, but I've seen so much manipulation done on other manufacturer systems, I have to ask why nobody has done the same for the Ram? I understand the UConnect system is based on an Android OS (am I wrong?), so I would think that there would be ways to change the look of the screens, allow for custom backgrounds, add 3rd party apps or even allow the split screen option on the 12" to maintain the last display setting. It would be great to see something of options for UConnect, as there's massive room for improvement from the factory programming/visibility.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am not a developer or hacker, but I've seen so much manipulation done on other manufacturer systems, I have to ask why nobody has done the same for the Ram? I understand the UConnect system is based on an Android OS (am I wrong?), so I would think that there would be ways to change the look of the screens, allow for custom backgrounds, add 3rd party apps or even allow the split screen option on the 12" to maintain the last display setting. It would be great to see something of options for UConnect, as there's massive room for improvement from the factory programming/visibility.
Uconnect5 runs on an Android platform, but that doesn't mean you can tinker with Uconnect. It's like thinking you can tinker with Spotify, just because it can run on the Android platform.

Jexx

Reaction score
Uconnect5 runs on an Android platform, but that doesn't mean you can tinker with Uconnect. It's like thinking you can tinker with Spotify, just because it can run on the Android platform.
But you can tinker with Spotify on Android, there are multiple ways to patch Spotify to remove ads and give you other premium features without paying for a subscription.

Users who are viewing this thread