5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect Guardian Sirrius WiFi Subscriptions worth it?

Jackham

Reaction score
My biggest gripe is the 2017 map on my $60K 2019 truck.
Yep. I think we should band together and make a phone call called class action. These dumb companies seem to have to be kicked in the butt before they wake up.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep. I think we should band together and make a phone call called class action. These dumb companies seem to have to be kicked in the butt before they wake up.
I've already emailed twice, even gotten a call from Uconnect. Voiced my displeasure with the maps, along with the voice recognition / free response in Nav address and text reply. Uconnect rep says she thinks they want us to use Android Auto or Apple carplay. I said it's not right to charge us and then tell us to use someone else's product. They should then reimburse a portion if they are telling us to use apps we paid for through buying our smartphones. Where is their accountability. I agree, we should see what we can do. A class action would be nice. Not sure what qualifies. Any Ram owning attorneys??

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
@Cmerkert ...that rep you spoke with is a MORON making $12 an hour that knows nothing and just stuck her foot in her mount. To make that comment just further proves her ignorance!!!

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Cmerkert ...that rep you spoke with is a MORON making $12 an hour that knows nothing and just stuck her foot in her mount. To make that comment just further proves her ignorance!!!
True, and there were obviously others "pinging" in on the conversation, listening. To which I said "Great, and I hope the supervisors who have been pinging in listening will take note as well." To which she sounded surprised I knew and said, oh, yes... Not crossing any fingers though. But that is poor business to have features and deactivate them and tell us to use a 3rd party app.

piccnd3

Reaction score
Hey fellows have 2019 mega limited diesel 4x4. I had the WiFi turned on this Friday in the truck, worked fine Friday evening and yesterday morning. But around lunch stopped working. My system wouldn’t even show up on my phone to select. Yes WiFi was turned on in both truck and phone. I do have both apps uconnect and guardian. They where both open. Could they be causing a connection issue. Any suggestions or ideas. Called guardian. That was no help.

I don't use the guardian or uconnect apps, but I do have the WIFI service through AT&T on my 2019 Limited. Works 75% of the time, but sometimes the WIFI connection disappears, or stays connected but loses internet. Usually what I've seen is that it works for a while, then just stops. Only fix I've found is to completely shut the vehicle off and back on.

MARTY

Reaction score
what will I lose if I don't renew the Uconnect on my 2019 Ram

MARTY

Reaction score
How can that be worth the amount they charge. I've started and locked my truck from the app and it seems like it takes forever.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
How can that be worth the amount they charge. I've started and locked my truck from the app and it seems like it takes forever.
This is why most of us do not renew it. I wouldn't mind if it worked better and the price was not so high, but $25 / mo is highway robbery for what you get, considering it's a free service on other brands like Ford.

MARTY

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies, it will def be a no go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/