5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect Gen 5 CarPlay Audio Issue

Bsjoiner

Reaction score
Bought a new 202 Ram 1500 Limited last month and have been plagued by this strange audio issue. I connect to Apple Car play wirelessly and that has been working great. The problem is that the audio will drop out ramdomly. The speakers on the passenger side seem to continue to work correctly but the drivers side audio is completely gone. It does not matter what audio source I am using and it does it on all of them. If I discconeect my phone the audio works flawlessly. As soon as I reconnect my phone to CarPlay wirelessly the issue returns. Again it seems to be competely random and can go for ah hour sometimes and not do it and sometimes happens twice in a few minute span. I took it to the dealer and of course they could not reproduce.

I am on the iPhone 13 Pro Max with the latest iOS (15.4) and my Uconnect 5 system is fully up to date. I have read other threads with similar issues but they turned out to be notications and this is different. Any ideas so I can go back to the dealer with more ammo?

Users who are viewing this thread