5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect + GaurdianXM not possible with SOS / Assist button?

Mcnab

Reaction score
Purchased my 2019 Ram 1500 Sport almost 2 years ago now.

Was going to try to get my truck signed up for the uconnect app so I could remote start / remote unlock it. Everywhere I can find says you have to hit the "activate services" button or hit the SOS / Help button on your rear view mirror. I have neither

Called Uconnect services and they are saying that without that button you can't use the app / it won't be able to connect. Any truth to this or has anyone found a workaround at all that I am not aware of.

Seems crazy to me that a 60k truck can't remote start.....without using the FOB......

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Purchased my 2019 Ram 1500 Sport almost 2 years ago now.

Was going to try to get my truck signed up for the uconnect app so I could remote start / remote unlock it. Everywhere I can find says you have to hit the "activate services" button or hit the SOS / Help button on your rear view mirror. I have neither

Called Uconnect services and they are saying that without that button you can't use the app / it won't be able to connect. Any truth to this or has anyone found a workaround at all that I am not aware of.

Seems crazy to me that a 60k truck can't remote start.....without using the FOB......
You’re in Canada, right?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yep I'm in Canada correct!
I’m pretty sure I have seen some posts saying that the rules are different in Canada - as far as SiriusXM and connected services are concerned. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can weigh in on that.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't know if Canada is any different, but here in the US if you don't have the factory Nav & SOS services (they are bundled together) you don't have the cell connection needed for the app to communicate with the truck, so no you can't add that service.

To be honest, it's not that great anyway (and definitely not worth the monthly fee). Had it on my previous Charger and it was very hit or miss. About 50% of the time I didn't know if I'd be walking out to a running car or not.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Don't know if Canada is any different, but here in the US if you don't have the factory Nav & SOS services (they are bundled together) you don't have the cell connection needed for the app to communicate with the truck, so no you can't add that service.

To be honest, it's not that great anyway (and definitely not worth the monthly fee). Had it on my previous Charger and it was very hit or miss. About 50% of the time I didn't know if I'd be walking out to a running car or not.
FWIW, it’s not any better with the Lincoln app. I’d say it’s a 25% success rate of remote start or opening the rear hatch.

Users who are viewing this thread