5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect does not update Weather Map

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Thats the perfect tome to install. Mine popped up when I put er in park at work so I press update shut it off and went in. Came out for lunch and kts now all updated . Time will tell if its any better but when I clicked on ‘see whats new’ apple carplay improvement was first on the list so heres hoping…

Lovinsoulglo

Reaction score
Not surprisingly update did nothing for connected services. Weather and other services still continue to give me an error. BS

Attachments

• 3A4C090D-A47B-4588-9F49-F589520DF50C.jpeg
    3A4C090D-A47B-4588-9F49-F589520DF50C.jpeg
    205.1 KB · Views: 41

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good news for my 2020, updated my head unit to PR39.7 myself, and now my weather map works. But according to Ram, there were no updates available for my truck.

Mpgrimm2

Reaction score
Same update and issues on my 22 Limited 12" radio

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Sparcky

Reaction score
I had to schedule a dealer visit to get an update. OTA not doing anything. I am on ver 21B still. Lots of issues with my 12" display. Weather does not even load on mine. Just gives me an error after trying to load.

Gdwheel

Reaction score
My D5 was occasionally showing traffic. It updated today to S23. 13-Prod. At first it showed the traffic flow, but when I stopped and restarted the truck it did not. I will have to see if/how it works going forward.

The other thing that kills me is how often the speed limit is off. It is wrong more than it is right. It seems like it always defaults to 20 mph if it does not know the speed limit. This may be part of the Nav software.

DuaneMiller

Reaction score
Hey guys, if you got the latest OTA update that it being mentioned in several other locations across this board, and still are getting the error with weather map updates... try performing a factory reset of the unit. Not the "soft reset" of holding down the volume button, but navigating to the bottom of the main profile screen and selecting the reset button.

I gave that a try a few minutes ago based on advice from another poster on here, and now I am getting the weather maps, and possibly the TomTom "travel services" that we are supposed to get. I'll know later about that after I take the truck out for a drive.... But at least weather is showing up now...

Lovinsoulglo

Reaction score
Hey guys, if you got the latest OTA update that it being mentioned in several other locations across this board, and still are getting the error with weather map updates... try performing a factory reset of the unit. Not the "soft reset" of holding down the volume button, but navigating to the bottom of the main profile screen and selecting the reset button.

I gave that a try a few minutes ago based on advice from another poster on here, and now I am getting the weather maps, and possibly the TomTom "travel services" that we are supposed to get. I'll know later about that after I take the truck out for a drive.... But at least weather is showing up now...
I can confirm this does work. I did a factory reset and then had to do an additional soft reset after and now my weather and connected services seem to be working. I received a bunch of emails from ram connect about updates to their terms of service I wonder if this is because they figured they got it working?

only thing is now Ram connect isn’t connect isn’t working from my phone…… not sure if that is because of the factory reset lol

Last edited:

Lord Helmet

Reaction score
Factory reset on my 2022 Rebel did the trick also. Weather and connected services are now working.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
I can confirm this does work. I did a factory reset and then had to do an additional soft reset after and now my weather and connected services seem to be working. I received a bunch of emails from ram connect about updates to their terms of service I wonder if this is because they figured they got it working?

only thing is now Ram connect isn’t connect isn’t working from my phone…… not sure if that is because of the factory reset lol
After the factory reset did you go through the setup again(connecting everything) as if you’d just bought it off the lot? Anything you skipped or anything we can skip as it’s been done before?

DuaneMiller

Reaction score
When I performed my factory reset, I basically had set up everything from scratch. The functions of the Ram phone app, were not affected, i.e. I can still start the truck, lock/unlock the doors remotely. Just had to reprogram all of the radio presets, set up my favorites like I wanted them, etc....

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
When I performed my factory reset, I basically had set up everything from scratch. The functions of the Ram phone app, were not affected, i.e. I can still start the truck, lock/unlock the doors remotely. Just had to reprogram all of the radio presets, set up my favorites like I wanted them, etc....
Thanks, thats what I figured. I knew the presets and such would need to be redone. Worth it if this fixes some of the issues. Question for those thats done the reset. Has Alexa app started working now and has the google assistant shown up yet? Not that I’d use either on a regular basis but it‘d be nice if they actually fixed those features for those that want to use them.

EDIT: looks like Alexa still needs an internet connection in the truck to work. Pretty lame if you ask me they did it that way and not off the internals of the radio. I can also confirm the weather and traffic are working after factory reset. Guess I need to clean the fingerprints 😂😂
40996A53-C7DE-45E4-BB6C-3313378E27FA.jpeg 34B0961F-9471-4A33-B2C3-051066CC9F3F.jpeg 0F6B8B46-A2A9-4728-9655-421B2BFBA04A.jpeg

Last edited:

rgwachob

Reaction score
Just took my 2022 RAM 1500 G/T to the dealer to have the Weather App problem fixed and also the Send to Vehicle problem on navigation. My truck came off the line the week of XMAS 2021. I told the dealer a new update was available and the forums said that if you do the update and factory reset, the problem will be corrected.

Of course we are all just dumb customers. They did update to the latest version. They told me the Send To navigation was fixed and gave me some stupid instructions for the weather map for Apple phones, I have an Android. Before leaving the dealer (after they had my new truck for a whole day), I tested both problems and neither was fixed. I finally had them verify for me they did the update but I knew from the fact I still had all my settings that they DID NOT do a factory reset.

They had a salesman come out to help me (not a service tech) and he pressed the assist button to talk to RAM. The online technician said both problems were being worked on and no fix was available. I just rolled my eyes. With the salesman watching, I did the factory reset. Guess what, both problems fixed. Had to redo all my settings but everything is working correctly now as far as I can tell. I work the heck out my UConnect 5 so if something pops up I will post it.

Bottom line, the forums are correct. Get the latest update after Dec 21, 2021, apply it and do a factory reset.

Nbt22555

Reaction score
I did the software update this morning and now its saying i am not subscribed to travel link so the services wont pull up. Yesterday before the update i was subscribed and i call sirius and said that i was supposed to have a 1 year free trial i had it yesterday now i dont and they were like we dont see anything here about that.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
I did the software update this morning and now its saying i am not subscribed to travel link so the services wont pull up. Yesterday before the update i was subscribed and i call sirius and said that i was supposed to have a 1 year free trial i had it yesterday now i dont and they were like we dont see anything here about that.
Not sure what 1 yr trial you think you have but there isn’t one that’s offered.

How long does my trial last?

All new vehicles equipped with Ram Connect include the following trials:
- Safety & Security (10 years)
- Vehicle Performance (5 Years)
- Assistance + Navigation (3 month Trial) (If equipped)

The trial length is measured from the original date of sale or lease of the vehicle. In the case of previously-owned vehicles, any remaining trial period transfers to the new owner if the vehicle is still within 3 months of the original date of sale. A new owner will need to re-enroll the vehicle to activate the services.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The free period for travelink is either three or five years. Can't remember which. And it's not something you had to "subscribe" to. The update should have nothing to do with it. And since you have a 2019, by your sig, you'd be well outside any 1 year trial anyways, even if that was the case.

Nbt22555

Reaction score
The free period for travelink is either three or five years. Can't remember which. And it's not something you had to "subscribe" to. The update should have nothing to do with it. And since you have a 2019, by your sig, you'd be well outside any 1 year trial anyways, even if that was the case.
All i know is it worked for awhile and said scribed then it stopped working like everybody elses trucks and i did the update and now it says unsubscribed. i dont know. I called sirius and they gave me some dumb story that they either need to upgrade my sirius plan to platinum or i have to activate my vehicles hot spot then they can add the service. I am not doing either they are trying to scam money from me i feel like. They told me the service is 1.99 a month now thats not a big deal but i pay 60 a year for my sirius plan and not a penny more will i pay.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
All i know is it worked for awhile and said scribed then it stopped working like everybody elses trucks and i did the update and now it says unsubscribed. i dont know. I called sirius and they gave me some dumb story that they either need to upgrade my sirius plan to platinum or i have to activate my vehicles hot spot then they can add the service. I am not doing either they are trying to scam money from me i feel like. They told me the service is 1.99 a month now thats not a big deal but i pay 60 a year for my sirius plan and not a penny more will i pay.
@HSKR R/T

It’s a 3 month trial. See THIS THREAD. We spelled out each package except price there.

Sparcky

Reaction score
For updates, I am on rev 21B. Talked to my dealer about a new update and they said when they punch in my vin, no updates are listed. Seems that not all uconnect5 radios have updates available. Its all based in the model of truck and options. I have the 2022 Limited.
They said a major update is in the works and possibly a recall style rollout, as many problems with the 12” radios in general.

I have nothing to lose, radio is always screwing up some way. Going to try the factory reset.

Users who are viewing this thread