5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect does not update Weather Map

Cda3488

Reaction score
Can someone post what the weather screen looks like when it is working? I’ve had this damn truck 3 months now and don’t even know what the screen is supposed to look like. (Error message from day 1)
Fails every time here

NCBACKCOUNTRY

Reaction score
non of my stuff worked decently till I got the "D" upgrade. Now everything works but the coolant temp on off road pages. Send and go works as well. But, last night I had to do a soft reset to get everything to work again, so it's not perfect yet.

Cda3488

Reaction score
non of my stuff worked decently till I got the "D" upgrade. Now everything works but the coolant temp on off road pages. Send and go works as well. But, last night I had to do a soft reset to get everything to work again, so it's not perfect yet.
What’s D?

Lovinsoulglo

Reaction score
My freaking traffic isn’t worming since I got the truck either. Any problems with traffic on y’all’s end?
Nothing working as far as the connected service (weather, traffic, gas prices) I’m in Canada, so not sure if that is part of the problem, but I have been getting an error code since the first day I had the truck.

NCBACKCOUNTRY

Reaction score
oh you guys/gals are gonna LOVE this....

RAM uconnect just called me and told me that they know there's a problem with multiple peoples vehicles with UC5 and they probably won't have another update to fix till JUNE! WOW.....JUNE!

edit: just got this email as well;
Screenshot_20220127-164812_Email.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

RAM uconnect just called me and told me that they know there's a problem with multiple peoples vehicles with UC5 and they probably won't have another update to fix till JUNE! WOW.....JUNE!

View attachment 118621
At least they are admitting a problem and trying to fix it. They have basically left 2020 owners hang out to dry. Havnt received a single update on my truck the entire time I've owned it, and I bought it right out of the railyard

Lovinsoulglo

Reaction score

View attachment 118621
Jeeze. Absolutely embarrassing on RAMs part. Unacceptable that think it would be reasonable for us to wait that long for our damn radios to work the way they are supposed to.

Cda3488

Reaction score

View attachment 118621
Would be nice if we could have gotten a discount on the trucks for not having what we aid for!!! Issues me off!

Cda3488

Reaction score
Nothing working as far as the connected service (weather, traffic, gas prices) I’m in Canada, so not sure if that is part of the problem, but I have been getting an error code since the first day I had the truck.
Same here and I’m in Louisiana

Lovinsoulglo

Reaction score

View attachment 118621
Just got the same phone call/email. She told me they didn’t have an ETA that the update will be sent out. I guess the only good thing is I made a big stink about not having a working radio for the free trial and she said at this time they don’t even have a sales team for RAM connect so they will simply be extending the trial until they get a team together to collect funds? Not sure how accurate that is lol.

Biesty

Reaction score
At least they are admitting a problem and trying to fix it. They have basically left 2020 owners hang out to dry. Havnt received a single update on my truck the entire time I've owned it, and I bought it right out of the railyard
I finally got an update for my 2020 Limited last fall. It fixed my weather issues. But it took away the ability to speak an address to search for on the map

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I finally got an update for my 2020 Limited last fall. It fixed my weather issues. But it took away the ability to speak an address to search for on the map
Did you have to go to dealer for a push update, or was it an OTA update?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It was included with a purchased map update (system updates plus map updates).
Found a link in another thread for the software update. Will be installing it myself. I'm not paying for a navigation map update when I never use the factory navigation

Biesty

Reaction score
Found a link in another thread for the software update. Will be installing it myself. I'm not paying for a navigation map update when I never use the factory navigation
That's great. The update should be free and it is disgusting that they only way it was distributed was via map updates. Are you able to provide the link (in case someone else needs it)?

Lovinsoulglo

Reaction score
Just got a notification that a software update is ready for the truck (2022 Ram Sport) but I was just pulling into work and didn’t have time to install it. Hopefully this the fix we’ve been waiting for.

Users who are viewing this thread