5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect does not update Weather Map

rammin03

Reaction score
So I bit the bullet and traded my 2017 2500 for a 2019 Ram 3500 with the 12 inch UConnect. I love the truck and the radio but I use one item very often especially when driving long distance and heading to the lake. The weather map! It seems to have worked twice in the last month I have had the truck. I pull it up and it says its been updated at that time or within the last few minutes yet the screen shows nothing across the United States as far as storms, fronts, or radar. Even when in the middle of a storm it shows 100% clear across the country.

Any ideas?

I have already sent refresh signals repeatedly yet I have nothing on the map.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I bit the bullet and traded my 2017 2500 for a 2019 Ram 3500 with the 12 inch UConnect. I love the truck and the radio but I use one item very often especially when driving long distance and heading to the lake. The weather map! It seems to have worked twice in the last month I have had the truck. I pull it up and it says its been updated at that time or within the last few minutes yet the screen shows nothing across the United States as far as storms, fronts, or radar. Even when in the middle of a storm it shows 100% clear across the country.

Any ideas?

It rarely shows anything on mine. I have contacted Sirius about it numerous times with no results (not surprising as Sirius sucks).

Kidder

Reaction score
Sometimes it takes a while to update. How long do you leave the screen on?

rammin03

Reaction score
MJP, same here. I leave it up when I leave for work. Its about 40 minute drive and it finally updated today and showed one rain cloud but still not seeing the storms, fronts, or anything. Zoomed all the way out it even looks like lightening flashing in some locations. Really disappointed in the Uconnect if this is common, its a huge step backwards.

Reactions: MJP

VictoriaFarm

Reaction score
Mine seems to work fine. It might take 5-10 minutes to get the first set of data after starting the truck, but that is understandable. After that, it continually updates every 5-10 min.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine seems to work fine. It might take 5-10 minutes to get the first set of data after starting the truck, but that is understandable. After that, it continually updates every 5-10 min.
It seems to be like the Uconnect remote command issues. Some trucks have problems while others work perfectly. Crazy.

Psimpson

Reaction score
Sometimes I have radar but no fronts other times nothing in the entire country other times it comes up right away sometimes it takes several minutes sometimes never.

Tmcb

Reaction score
I have the same issue and have called several times for a fix. Always hearing they need to refresh the signal. Interesting I rented a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the same Uconnect system and wow, it lit up as soon as I pulled it up. Worked the entire time. It is disappointing and the bad part is I was at a dealership and they were aware of the issues.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have had the same issue. That graphics got to the point when they would never appear. I had the vehicle in for servicing last week and they had to disconnect the battery to perform some work. Once I got the truck back the radar graphics came on instantly. I did not have the uconnect updated on my last service visit so I know it was not in relation to an update. With the battery being disconnected, maybe it has something to do with a clearing the cache or something in order to get it back working.

tdager

Reaction score

Any ideas?

Ummm...weather map?? Where is there a weather map on the 12" UConnect?

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Doesn't stop the system from popping up one weather alert after another though does it? How many people having issues with getting way too many severe thunderstorm or flood warnings for locations that nearly 100 miles away from where I am? I'm in Northern Virginia and it's warning me about a flood warning in a County on the Eastern Shore of Maryland over 100 miles away. This past week, I've probably had at least 25 alerts pop up while driving. And it's becoming a safety hazard for me to have to reach across the screen and press an 'X' to get out of the screen. And why couldn't they put the 'X' on the left side of the screen closer to the driver? Seems like every useful button I have to push is always located the furthest away from me!

smiles5619

Reaction score
Mine wouldn't show. I found that if you move the map around and/or zoom in or out, it will show shortly after.

Psimpson

Reaction score
I've started doing that as well and agree it seems to help. Last night I saw fronts and a dry line immediately but no radar, after rolling the world around and zooming in and out radar appeared.

Tortolabob

Reaction score
My truck seems to be unpredictable with the weather map. My f150 would take 3-5 minutes to come up at first start of the day but otherwise very good updating. I have found that a times my Ram updates every 2-3 minutes but other times no update at all and nothing on the map but map...no weather info at all. If I get a refresh from sirius it seems to get it going again. Sometimes zooming in and out gets it rolling as well. My boat, also a Garmin system, takes forever to update at first but then is pretty reliable. When it works it is great but...I'm going to keep experimenting before I get dealer involved which usually doesn't help in these situations.

Tmcb

Reaction score
Has anyone had their weather map issue fixed

Users who are viewing this thread