5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect - CarPlay has lots of hard transitions between audio sources. How to disable certain apps from creating audio?

omaha_cyclone

Reaction score
Uconnect and Carplay is terrible in my 22 Limited.
Simplest example I can provide is this:

Audio is playing AM Radio from the Ram. I pick up my phone to look at Twitter, and the phone redirects and tries to either play audio from Twitter OR even flips the audio to the last thing I was playing like Spotify.
It's driving me nuts because I have no idea how to simply use Carplay audio for Spotify and Phone calls, but every time the phone wants to play audio, it has a mini seizure to figure out what audio to play.

Same thing if I'm playing Spotify from CarPlay. If the phone is opened, it usually has a quick pause in the audio, then resumes Spotify OR tries to play some kind of audio from the phone.

Anyone else have this issue? Any way to dumb down how much CarPlay is trying to send through the speakers?

Mr. Grumpy

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my wireless CarPlay in my 22 BMW X5. It's probably an Apple software issue

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread